Top 5 Favorite Monometal Throws - 2024

1. Czech Point Pivot (delrin - my #1 favorite period)
  2. Alchemik Tyrant (tried through PiF)
  3. BettyNova (og, no plastic caps)
  4. OD Reboot
    [Significant gap]
  5. Good Life Gulch

Would love to try a OD Kuntosh, Top Deck, or DD Emotion among others.

5 Likes

I’m also a fan of 7068 aluminum yo-yos. It’s more comparable to titanium for less money. It’s like an upgrade of 6061.

1 Like

Sorry, it’s one of my favorite yo-yos! I highly recommend hunting one down tho. I’ve actually been seeing them pop up quite often on the bst over the past few months. I’ve been seeing at least one every month but I noticed a lot of times people don’t have it labeled properly. So u have to catch it

Motion - Linear
ART - Diptych
CLYW - AC1 / or Cliff
TP - St Elmo
G2/ART - Life

9 Likes

I actually been researching the Topyo Overlap. There are two choices that will be made available a 7068 and 7075 version. Really like the 7068 in my collection. I also have the Graviton:Y and Pheasant. Both are excellent in their own way.

Depends on what you value. Lots of the best yoyoes I’ve ever tried are made of 6061.

5 Likes

The Japan Tech FGAL and One Drop Burnside 20/20 on the right, these two are never leaving me while I still breathe. The One Drop M2 and the Yoyorecreation CS61 in Cerakote on the left side. For the 5th choice there are multiples that could fill that spot.

14 Likes

I bet it is. I’ve heard nothing but good things. I actually bought an a-rt sparrow from Jordan Bliesner himself and he’s the one who told me about it. Been looking ever since

1 Like

Yeah Jordan’s cool that who I got my fallen angel and ti fallen angels from

The Emotion is such a great throw! I have a hard time explaining why I like it so much other than it just fits my hand like a glove and it feels good to throw. My next purchase will likely be the Connection… I’m chilling out on my yoyo budget a bit… I went a wild there for awhile, just buying everything I thought looked cool, no real regrets but I want to start being more discerning with my purchases at this point, but I’m really itching to get that one. If it feels like the Emotion in the hand, I think it will be an amazing throw for sure. It looks amazing, still deciding on the color I want, they all look so awesome, it’s a tough choice.

2 Likes

Interesting to read up on this discussion about aluminum grades. I just always assumed 7075 was the highest grade, meaning the most durable/strongest among all the different grades out there. I just came up with that in my head being that the number 7075 > 7068 :laughing: I literally know nothing about the grades though. I need to read up on the differences.

3 Likes

Awesome, we got another Wyvern fan! Such a good throw! I love this one, by far my favorite OD so far but I only have 4 or 5.

1 Like

I made the same assumption before I learned better. :wink:

1 Like

Yep, I agree!

1 Like

Deviant+ by offset yoyo, shutter by yoyofactory, and shutter wide angle by yoyofactory are all great

1 Like

in no particulair order:

• DD Emotion
  • RCS Guitarist
  • YYF Kapital
  • MYY Y01 Node
  • YYFr Mono Pheasant
10 Likes

I knew there was a fifth and it’s MK1 Dynames

The Guitarist doesn’t get enough love IMHO…

2 Likes

I’ve never gotten my hands on one, but I love Tom from Throws N Brews. If RCS ever did a re-release, I’d have to snag one to support him.

3 Likes

No need to wait :upside_down_face: I got a mint one for sale right now. Hit me up if you are interested. Cheers!