Titanium anglam. (Multiple topics merged)

Yeah, I understand that was in the OP. But checking Hiroyuki’s Facebook doesn’t show anything about a price. Yoyonews said the YYR Seventh Heaven was 77,777jpy. And Yoyonews also said no pricing yet on the TiSS.

I don’t doubt the Zero will be cheaper than the TiSS, but OP got mixed up on pricing, as nothing about either Titanium Anglam has been released.

Ah okay, your right. I was just trusting the op. Thanks for the heads up. I’m super hyped for the zero.

Anglam TiSS and Anglam ZERO in ‘Premium Black’

https://igcdn-photos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t51.2885-15/11850104_903179336421387_1187732882_n.jpg

https://igcdn-photos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11311062_1065874950090082_521296167_n.jpg

Oh my… faints

1 Like

Oh. My… Wallet isn’t ready for this…

I don’t care how much that TiSS is, I want it bad.

Hahaha, my thoughts EXACTLY.

I had completely written the TiSS off as too expensive, but then when I saw that picture… I just have to have it. :o :o

I’m a sucker for black yoyos as well, so that black ZERO. Phwoar.

I feel like a moth staring at a neon light… so pretty… :-X

Yep, I had sworn them both off, as well as the YYR Seventh Heaven, as I’ve spent way too much this summer already. But now with these black versions… I’m calculating how long I’ll have to eat ramen in order to afford them, haha.

I’ve heard that a human can last for 40 days without food. Might give that a try myself. David Blaine style. 8)

I just hope sOMEThING doesn’t go overboard with the pricing.

Hmmm. I could stand to lose some weight anyways. Haha.

I hate black yoyos. So…
Please be some in raw Please be some in raw Please be some in raw Please be some in raw. I’m actually questioning Mickeys choice to use a black yoyo at worlds. It does have silver rings but still…

Per Twitter:
ANGLAM ZERO RAW : 54800yen
ANGLAM ZERO PRM BLK : 64800yen
ANGLAM TISS RAW : 84800yen
ANGLAM TISS PRM BLK : 94800yen

Just so no one has to convert those .

ANGLAM Zero Raw - $437
ANGLAM Zero Black - $517
ANGLAM TiSS Raw - $677
ANGLAM TiSS Black - $757

;D

What what what what what what what what.
I can actually afford one.

Wow, a bargain!

Thanks for converting those man.

I’ll admit, it’s not as bad as I thought it would be. Still, I just can’t bring myself to drop over $400 on a single yoyo, let alone $700. Considering the Evora, Citizen and Dream were all around $300 or so, I wouldn’t feel comfortable spending that sort of cash.

Maybe I’ll keep an eye out on the b/s board for a completely scratched and dinged one in a few years. :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree. Now that we know a $300 titanium is feasible, it’s tough to justify spending more than double for one.

1 Like

I am on the fence. I can definitely afford it, and even justify it, but I can get a draupnir and a Valkyrie for that price. Or a draupnir and wait for the next Jeffrey Pang ti to come out instead of the anode one. I’m considering it, but it’s hard.

But this is a Titanium yo-yo from Japan. This a key fact in the determinant of price. Remember, the prices you are quoting are in Dollars. The Japanese yo-yo’s are machined with Japanese labor, using Japanese machines and Japanese materials (yes, the Titanium probably came from Japan which has lots of Ti). This means that all prices reflect the relative strength of the currencies involved.

The Dollar has been surging whereas the Yen has been doing the opposite. That makes Japanese labor, materials and depreciation more expensive when converted to current Dollar equivalents. This explains much of the difference in the price when quoted in Dollars.

That said, as I have noted before, the Japanese take great pride in their Metal fabrication. An argument can be made that the Ti yo-yo from Japan is of superior quality to those made elsewhere. I know that this is indeed the case for Bi-Metal yo-yo’s. The Draupnir and the Agonist are works of art.

Heck, even the Japanese bearing removal tools are on a different level than anything made here or elsewhere.

For those who bought the Dream first, it was only $200 (and even much less considering it was a package deal with other items). If you sold the aluminum Dream, the plastic and the center track, you essentially paid about $130 for a full sized titanium. That’s just crazy! Once you are able to buy a great full sized titanium yo-yo for $200 or less, it certainly does start to put things in perspective.

Now, that doesn’t mean I won’t pay for this one (who knows), but I bought 3 Titanium Dreams for less than this will cost. I don’t ever really justify my spending anyway, but I’ll be deciding if I’m going to get this one or not. I haven’t decided.

your comparing a titanium to a titanium with stainless steel rings. A more fair comparison would be to the aglam zero instead of the tiss, which is just over 400 usd, so while still double the price of the dream, it is not ridiculous. The tiss is a different product completely, one that hasn’t been produced by anyone else. It is not fair to something that you are comparing the two.