Titanium Yoyo

Im looking for a Titanium Yoyo that is not too expansive. I know that most titanium Yoyos are around $400 but i was just wondering if any of you know any titanium Yoyo that is under the price of $250. it is okay if someone knows a titanium that is Around $250-$300 it does not need to be exactly
$250 oe less.

1 Like

There’s been various ti yoyos showing up on the BST in the $180 to $220 range.

1 Like

Yoyofriends has some less expensive Ti options, take a look at these and see if there’s one that fits your preferences!

The Graviton isn’t full Ti but has Ti rims and plays amazingly imo. Hope these help!

4 Likes

the titanic is 250$

4 Likes

FS: Destash v5! – - Crazy low prices! Atmos Aria $200 // One Drop, Delrin, POM Mojo, Yoyofriends +

Aria is a great titanium and $200 is a steal for it imo

4 Likes

I can vouche for the original Ari

3 Likes

The tiny isn’t for everyone but it’s a fun little yoyo.

Wait for may yyf often does may b grade sales and you can often get a super cheap ti yoyo. Or look on the bst someone’s selling a sparker on here probably.

3 Likes

That’s really good to know, I had no idea they did B grade sales in May, I’ll have to keep an eye out for that thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Sometimes. There are a handful usually with less this year and they range from 180 to 200(+?), perhaps other than raw, plus tax and shipping.

There’s others out there you can get for less at the moment including the b grade sugar high I have up and at least you can see (vids) how much vibe and condition on secondhand market where you’re not just racing to buy in seconds sight unseen before it sells out.

3 Likes

Just get the titanic if you buy new. It’s really hard to beat at it’s price point. Get the rainbow blasted on though. Amazing yoyo, i have two of them.

3 Likes

i have not thrown the Titanic but I hear it’s quite good.

I can tell you that the Ti Koi is an exceptionally smooth and powerful throw. i love mine, throw it almost every day. the shape is organic which may influence your decision one way or another. i happen to love organic shaped throws so the Koi is right for me, another shape might be more your thing though.

in any case, between the BST and the lower priced Ti offerings, you should be able to pick up something in your range.

good luck

enjoy the throw
kgb

2 Likes

Aria is amazing. Note that it is quite heavy in play so it suits a techy playstyle most. But I use it all the time as a chilling throw and it’s super good.

2 Likes

It’s not a 60/62g yoyo but plays lighter than it’s base weight for certain. Feels nicer in the string than some 65g throws

3 Likes

The Ieyasu by Sengoku is AMAZING!

3 Likes

With titanium yo-yo’s in particular: you get what you pay for. My experience with “inexpensive” titanium is that while they may be made of titanium - they are nothing special. I think the price tends to reflect that relative performance. Since titanium is all about maximizing the shape and weight-distribution to bring out the best feel and performance that titanium can offer; I would suggest BST to get a good titanium throw.

3 Likes

Highly recommend finding a metavity

3 Likes

You should go with the yoyo friends tiny. I know it’s a way under size yoyo but the thing plays like fire!!!

1 Like

Just personal preference but look at how many people have sold off as an indicator that it’s not for everyone. If you like undersized, maybe. Ti Fallen Angel is a more organic and enjoyable throw that plays like a big throw, but also has a nice chonky feel like that of the CLYW Beater. Ti Fallen felt better to me than the RSO E1nstein.

If you want the feel of it, buy the Essence. For $30 you get the general feel of it. Same for the Sugar vs Sugar High. Neither play the ‘same’ but have a similar feel.

Metavity (to me) felt similar to a Tiramisu v2, but not quite as good as the RSO (due to inherent vibe in the Metavity I bought vs glass smooth RSO). Like a Porsche vs a Lamborghini. Essence would be the Toyota Corolla sitting at the light next to both of them at the red light, it loses to those but it’ll just catch up when they’re stopped at the next light.

Rather than Titanium, pickup a Static Co Wave off the BST. It’s (very) likely better than the Essence, I’d say better than the Heaven Sent (CLYW) Creep, and borderline similar enjoyable playfeel to that of a One Drop Diorama/Panorama (if that’s your thing).

Make sure you know what makes you happy and go from there. With all the money you might spend on a Titanium instead of many amazing 7 series AL throws and even Stainless Steel (e.g. Bowl 303, Assassin, etc.) and be disappointed if you don’t know what you’re looking for.

Favorite Titaniums (not ranked) remain:

• Alliance by Yoyofriends x Damian Puckett (AL with similar feel: One Drop Rev 1)
  • Wanker by Jordan Blofeld (So great…fast, float, fun. unsure what to compare it to, waiting for a re-release…)
  • Augment Design’s Calyx (definitely competition quality, too fast and nimble for me)
  • YoYoFactory Sugar High (AL alternative: Sugar by YoYoFactory… $20 vs … more) - LOVELY Ti sound
  • derti by RSO (AL alternative: Diorama/Panorama) - best Ti sound hands down. HUMMMMmmms
  • Ti Fallen Angel by Jordan Bliesner (small and mighty, buy the blasted version!)
  • Tiramisu v2 by RSO - Just a happy chill throw. Loved it. Miss it. (AL alternate: Buy a ILYY Lynx for float king)
  • Mechabape SE by RSO - Side effects… Ti… feels like a Sudo. Or just buy a Sudo for 1/3rd the cost.

And many more.

5 Likes

I think we’re in the golden era of titanium yoyos … anything now in the $200-300 range is pretty amazing to the extent that I’m not sure there is a logical justification to pay on the upper end of that or higher.

I haven’t really played with anything cheaper, unless you count the YYFr Ti Mini Prototype, but that’s a prototype. I would think that the reputable Chinese brands with titaniums in the $150-200 range are pretty good these days … but maybe less exciting from a design / aesthetic standpoint.

There’s a smaller ti yoyo coming?

1 Like