Titanium anglam. (Multiple topics merged)

Mickey is one of the Sharpest axes in the shed. Based on his history of amazingly excellent releases at more than a few price points; how you could doubt Mickeys’ expertise is something hard to grasp.

If you can put your ‘full advantage of Ti’ theory off to the side of your mind for a minute and consider that Mickey literally spends hours throwing any and every Proto he designs until he knows it’s a player.

Something has not released a ‘Dog’ yet.

And since Mickey already knows the ‘Titanium performance Bar’ is high; that alone should indicate simply by his releasing any yoyo whether part or fully Ti, would have to be Excellent or you would never even hear about it.

The answer to your ‘doubt’ is spelled out right within something you said…

You mentioned the: Titanium Dream the Citizen and the Evora setting the Ti Bar high indeed.

I have all three of them. Each of them is a Keeper.

And since all three of the above yoyos is already out and already recognized as very good yoyos; Mickey was/is already aware he can’t release a ‘lemon’.

I’ll be getting one for my Ti collection. I would not hesitate to let you know if your opinion is better than mine.
I have not touched the new Something Ti yoyo yet.

My view is based on pure and simple logic. Let’s say you live in a Town that has 3 Pizza places. And all 3 places make very very good Pizza. You get tired of working for somebody else. And you decide to open your own Restaurant. And you decide to make…Pizza.

And you already know the quality of the already established Pizza Places: Evora Pizzaria, Citizens brick Oven Pizza and The Dream Yo Pizza Joint.

Wouldn’t you make sure you could Toss some serious Pizzas around before you went up against the Competition?

There are 3 primary doubts you can erase from your mind: 1 Don’t doubt how smart Mickey is. 2 Don’t doubt how good a yoyo player Mickey is. 3 Don’t doubt for a second how good Mickey is at designing yoyos.

He’s done single metals. He’s done Delrin yoyos. He’s done Bi-metal yoyos. He’s done plastic yoyos. Everyone is high caliber work.

Note; I am not Mickeys’ product image spokesman. He is not my hero. I do not buy every model he sells. We are not best buddies. I owe him nothing.

But I do feel I kinda owe him some respect simply for the designs he has released so far.

His Ti yoyo will be another Winner.

3 Likes

Also the notion that its practically an anglam2 but full titanium shouldn’t matter.

The Ti dream is in theory just a full titanium al dream .
The Ti Walker is in theory a full titanium Skywalker .
The Ti5 is in theory a full titanium Al5 .

I’d bet money it will be awesome . mickeys throws are no joke.

I’m definitely interested in this… just waiting to see what price we’re looking at. I can imagine we’re looking >$500… but I hope I’m wrong.

Titanium is kind of like people who have too much money too spend but don’t have things to buy.

They buy an expensive titanium

No. I doubt anybody who has purchased a Titanium yoyo has the problem of “too much money.” That’s a ridiculous statement. We buy them because they’re awesome yoyos in an outstanding material, and they won’t break the bank.

Back when I first threw in middle school, I would drool over all of the high end stuff, and even dreamed about getting a 100 pack of string. Now that I’m grown up and have a stable job, I can afford things for throwing that little me would have fainted over. Rent, utilities, food, gas, and saving for a house/kids/the future/retirement all come first for me, and with the leftovers I can afford stuff for entertainment, which happens to be yoyos at this time in my life. I’m very far from having “too much money” though.

Where’s the eye candy?

https://igcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11325282_1457754671196447_824610884_n.jpg

From @hsjpn Instagram

1 Like

This is insane. Now there’s the Anglam Zero AND the Anglam TiSS? Don’t forget that the Anglam 2 was released quite recently too. Hiroyuki has been seriously busy.

1 Like

Wait…what is a zero? Is that the 7075 I saw? I definitely saw a 7075 too. :-\

Yes, I saw it too :smiley:

I believe that the Anglam 2 now has a 7075 version.

To my understanding, the Anglam Zero is the actual name of the fully-titanium Anglam.

There’s also the TiSS variant, the titanium and stainless steel bimetal.

2 Likes

Whoops, I ‘thank you’-d the wrong post initially. Have 2 for the price of one sir. :smiley:

You are correct sir. I thought they were the same initially until I saw another picture of the TiSS. So much Titanium recently… YYR have a new Ti out as well…

This is a statement of jealousy. The same could be said about 7075 then right? You just happen to be above that threshold so its ok? Too much is different for everyone.

Meh, I’m this close to just biting the bullet and getting the full ti, no actually, I’ll probably get whichever is cheaper.

Posted by Hiroyuki Suzuki on his Facebook.

“ANGLAM TISS” - Titanium body + Stainless Steel rim weight.

Releasing at Worlds, check his FB post for more info. Retailing at 7777 JPY (about $625 USD converted)

So who’s selling their kidney?

Wow! That sounds incredible! Aaaaand way too expensive for a yoyo.

Are you sure? 77 777 yen is the price of the new YYR Titanium “Seventh Heaven”, as far as I know, there has been no prices for sOMEThING releases yet

Two more Anglams. Look at all these throws I will never buy because they’re just too expensive. Who is that guy in the forums that has had like 10 Anglams already? Because he’s probably gonna buy these as well.

His username is “stickman”, I believe he has over 20 Anglams, so I can imagine he’ll pick up a few of these. :stuck_out_tongue:

im thinking if it’s under 500 I’ll go for it but any more and it’s an easy no. I imagine it will be around 500 based on the price of the tiss

No price has been released for the TiSS, unless I’ve missed another update. The 77,777 jpy was the price for the YYR Seven Heavens

This was in the og post until the threads merged. I think the full titanium will be cheaper, but im not sure.