“Throw Live” Atlanta Yoyo Club

5 Likes

Sorry, I have been too busy! I think maybe we’ve gravitated to the 3rd Sunday? Unless there are many with issues, let’s do 07/21?

3 Likes

#2 It won’t let me change it, but I’d like to change it to “Throw Live Atlanta” in keeping with Rehearse Live as the host.

#3 This sounds awesome! How about I provide the venue, and I just secured throwlive.net. (throwlive.com was $2500!!!) But, I just don’t have time to promote and organize much. Maybe someone else could take the reins on promo and organizing? I’ll do what I can…

Also, not sure what’s involved is the grant program, but I bought a BUNCH of yoyos and tops from YYF for new players, and I’d like to at least sell enough to recoup some of the cost before giving away too much merch. Hope that makes sense.

I did well at our last meet. I’m about 1/4 of the way there to paying for what I have, then I can afford to be more lax.

5 Likes

I changed the title and I’ll be happy to help promote the club on R/Throwers, Instagram, and any where else you can think. We are super thankful for the outstanding venue!

1 Like

Great!

Maybe we’ll get around to setting up a website as well.

3 Likes

I’ve been meaning to learn how to make website. I can mess around with wix and squarespace to put something together and maybe use it if it’s good. I’ve got some questions though:
What is the website for? Is it just for announcing when the meetings are? I can add in some pointers to YYE Forums and beginning tips and stuff.

2 Likes

Yeah, I kinda had buyer’s remorse right after securing the domain. Did I really need one? Maybe it’s nice to have a presence in that form, though…

Let’s stay in touch about the possibilities.

3 Likes

Hi, we have an event during the yo-yo meetup time.

We could do it on 07/28 instead, or we could do it upstairs. Not as much room, but I think we could make it work with the number of people we usually have.

Also, 2 or the new kids (brothers) can’t make it if it’s on the 21st…

Whatever works for you will be just fine! Smaller space or different date. Either is fine with me. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

I have a friend that’s I’m getting into yoyoing that’s visiting for a bit, so they won’t be able to make the 28th.

How about 2 meetings lol

1 Like

I think we need to be consistent, so 07/21 2-5pm!

2 Likes

You should have the yoyos I sent you by then ,so you can compare yours with @TheThrowingGnome’s.

4 Likes

I’ll post on the other forums!! See you Sunday!

3 Likes

Which should I create, a FB Page or Group?

1 Like

problem: The camp I’m going to starts on the 21st so I won’t be able to make the meeting :frowning:

Sorry I missed the last meeting guys, but now that I’m here I’ll stay on top of the dates and be sure not to miss another one! I’m social media savvy and would love to help with promoting the club or just help in anyway I can! Would love to see this small family grow into something spectacular! (Not that it isn’t already spectacular🤗)

4 Likes

We missed you!

Can you answer this for me?

I had an event downstairs, so we had to use a smaller space upstairs, but it seemed fine! No one got hurt, at least… :grin:

1 Like

I’d definitely create a group rather than a page. A group would be more club oriented, whereas pages are more so for businesses or entities.:+1: I’m glad to hear everyone had fun and came out unscathed​:sweat_smile:

OK, I haven’t done anything with it except add @Ant.G and @TheThrowingGnome, but here’s the FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/916515598688799/

1 Like

Might be too early to be asking, but as of yet, are there any potential dates for the next meetup? Would love to bounce ideas to make this next one extra special if anyone has any!