“Throw Live” Atlanta Yoyo Club

The next one should be 08/18 2-5pm, as we’re trying to be consistent with the 3rd Sunday each month.

Not sure what you had in mind, but we did try the trick ladder that time, and discussed a few ideas.

When we tried the trick ladder, is was fun for a bit, but lost steam. I think part of the problem is we taught the tricks in between, and that made it drag. If we did anything with that again, I’d like to make it more quick fire. Maybe have a learning session before with people pairing up if they want to go over tricks. Then when the contest starts, it’s one and done, move on to next person.

We could do repetition challenges, Eli Hops, STM, Boingy Boing, etc…

We could do some variation of the 44 CLASH thing @SpyseaRice suggested.

We could do a weekly trick dump video.

I’d like to get a saucer or even Frisbee, and do some battle tops or target practice.

Seems like mostly people just want to hang around and throw, so maybe we’ll mostly stick to that for the majority of the time?

3 Likes

Yeah everything you said sounds super fun and engaging! I think it could be cool to hear some practice techniques from all you more experienced players too! Always looking to work on consistency from different perspectives and techniques😅

3 Likes

So we’re on for Sun 08/18 from 2-5pm!

3 Likes

I’ll be stuck in Louisiana! Y’all have fun! @Ant.G may bring someone new too.

3 Likes

If anyone want to help with the FB group, I could make you a mod…

You’ll be missed!

3 Likes

Sorry I won’t be able to make it. My mom has plans for today so I won’t have a ride. Hope to see you all next month!

2 Likes

I would like to come some time when im in Atlanta I have an aunt the lives there and maybe next time my mom goes down to see her, and if its on the week that yall meet up I can come

3 Likes

Since ya’ll couldn’t make it, I recorded a trick for you!

Thanks to Sampson, my camera man.

2 Likes

So how’s it looking for this month?

Looks like the 3rd Sunday is the 15th this month since 9-1 was a Sunday. The 22nd would be better for me though if possible. What’s your schedule like @Myk_Myk?

1 Like

Things have been so busy for me, an extra week might be helpful. @SpyseaRice are you OK with the 22nd?

4 Likes

There’s an event in Atlanta I’m planning on visiting with a a club at my school on that day. If possible, could we do the next sunday after the 22nd?

1 Like

I’m trying to be consistent, but I know you missed last time! I’m OK with the 28th.

3 Likes

Thanks!!! It’ll probably be better for the people in my club too since it’s the end of the break :grinning:

1 Like

did you mean Saturday the 28th or Sunday the 29th?

1 Like

Sunday the 29th!

3 Likes

Thanks! See you then!

2 Likes

I’ve been twisting the arm of @Markmont to come. I just ordered some of his strings, and told him he could hand deliver them, and probably sell some there!

Mark if you were to come, please note that it’s the 29th, not the 28th! 2-5pm…

3 Likes

I’d be stoked to buy some @Markmont strings and get my MMC signed!

2 Likes

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOO THAT’S SO COOL! I’ve been meaning to pick up a 5-pack from their website to get into some of their stuff, but haven’t gotten around to it. I’m really looking forward to it! :grin:

3 Likes