This is a Safe Thread. Post a yoyo related confession that you've never told/showed anyone here

Yo, you should list those as bgrades on your store more oftenly. I don’t care about a little vibe if the yoyo is solid and plays great. I would jump over those in a second.

5 Likes

Could be worse. Im making a living right now by cleaning houses while waiting for my next job offer to come through (im a biochemist by trade, have to clean houses because of family reasons and unfortunate life timing). It’s not the worst job in the world, but I absolutely do not enjoy doing it. Ill trade jobs with the guy who has to test yoyos all day in a split second with no regrets.

8 Likes

Even said he makes his yoyos have a little vibe before a competition though

1 Like

Dude why have a 14 year grudge and not give it another shot, that’s like someone not using an apple phone because they gave them trouble about their clamshell laptop thing back in I think like the year 2000

6 Likes

Well, the guilt trip finally worked. Taught myself the Matrix today. Ive learned that ive been lazy with my double or nothings and used both the pointer and middle to catch it, and that kind of technique just doesnt fly with this trick. Really cool trick, now I just gotta get it to be butter smooth :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Idk about the clamshell issue but I don’t buy apple products either. My wife does.

I really see no reason to give them another chance when others don’t need a second chance. Beyond that the only yyf I have any desire to own is a skyline and their are 100 other yoyos I want more than it.
Ben made it clear he doesn’t even want me to give them a second chance. Why risk another bad experience when I could support those who have backed their own product.
My bad on coming off rude in this thread. I really didn’t meant to just wanted to state my feelings about yyf. Once someone questions my position I do feel the need to defend myself.

5 Likes

I secretly buy yoyos still and open them before my wife finds out. <shhhh! >

19 Likes

My man.

AcademicThisBovine-max-1mb

12 Likes

Happened to me too but they blocked me on Instagram

8 Likes

It takes me a very long time to learn new tricks. I also forget tricks very easily. I’m fine with my pace. I enjoy the constant practice.

7 Likes

My first yoyo was a 2a Yoyo, and I did not know that, so I tried to use it for 1a. Also in my life u have only bought 5 proper yoyos, and none of them are over 20$

6 Likes

Yes but what about your… :jeans:

2 Likes

Dude same thing happened to me. I bought a Spintastics Tornado 2 thinking it was good for string tricks when I was 10

1 Like

got a yomega xodus ii because i woz not smart

3 Likes

I bought one of those at the mall once. That things a crime of a design, forget the dv888

2 Likes

A lot of new people here don’t know but older folk do, so technically this confession is known by some but not by the majority:

I once had 6 to 7 Anti-yo BSP’s that I bought with my own money. All around the same time.

Each were in the $350…so…yeah

9 Likes

:+1:. Big money!!! Spreading the cheese!!! :money_mouth_face:

5 Likes

I hate to say it, but I’ve asked a company to sponsor me. Not only that, but I asked for a free yo-yo. (He said no) it was a dark day.:pensive:

9 Likes

Weird confession… I literally only have the attention span to yoyo for 10 minutes at a time (I’m deeply jealously of people who are so passionate about the art that they can practice for hours on end… especially those who practice for fun and not just because they compete).

7 Likes

I can yo for up to an hour and a half. First 10-15 minutes is usually warm up, then the rest is flowage. Good times, goood times. After about an hour I get momentarily burnt out and my form gets noticeably sloppier.

3 Likes