This is a Safe Thread. Post a yoyo related confession that you've never told/showed anyone here

According to @G2_Jake, asking to be sponsored is actually kind of a good thing… But not so much the asking for free yoyos kind of thing, that’s not recommendable…

6 Likes

I never understood why when I recently got back into yoyoing why it seems to be a big thing to ask for free yoyos. I first noticed it on Dylan’s YT channel, but you see it everywhere.

6 Likes

I dunno? humans will be humans I suppose.

3 Likes

I was once- one of those people.
except i was worse : i said it indirectly.

example:
” i only have 3 good yoyos and 2 dont work “
Well yeah, its true- but did i have to say it in hopes of being given a free yoyo?

Huge oof, good thing i have eventually realized how disgusting asking for free yoyos is (of course, there are some exceptions. Sponsorship for example.)

6 Likes

Ok, ready guys? I’ve only ever bought yoyoexpert string. It started because it was cheap but now I’m just scared to (or of) change. I have hundreds of random strings collected in a box from all the yoyos and tool or stuff I’ve bought. If one is already on a yoyo I take it off and get an Expert string first.

8 Likes

Treat yo’ self to some of that YYSL goodness my friend! Get a sampler pack!

Treat.
Yo.
Self.

5 Likes

Used or still use front throw😳
After 3 YEARS

3 Likes

I once spent more time on yoyo forums, conversing about yoyos, than actually yoyoing. What was I thinking? :man_shrugging: Back to yoyoing.

7 Likes

This will be me

1 Like

Lmao. I always wonder how much yo-yo play the people who talk a lot in forums and communities get.

3 Likes

Guilty. But the way I see it, talking about yoyos and watching tricks is just another aspect of the hobby I enjoy. Also watching tricks can help give you motivation for your own. Shopping out your next new yoyo is also fun.

Id say I yoyo on average 30 minutes a day. Some days more, some days less, depending on my mood and available free time. When im learning tricks I can easily throw for 2 or 3 hours in a day though.

5 Likes

It’s weird. Everything that’s yo-yo related is fun.

6 Likes

Even catching one to the face? Haha

6 Likes

CLYW? I remember Aaron Davis ranting about stuff like this in March of 2017.

That was some year ZamMan. I’ll never forget your pyramid pic of all that Ti.

1 Like

It’s funny reading this story I luckily had a similar experience with Rebellion as I can’t and won’t drop 200$ on a yo-yo so I very stupidly bout a start the riot that luckily was on sale on yye(always buy from them btw)…relatively new to bearings in yoyo as I am older and used throw when I was a kid circa early 90s…Duncan butterfly etc…so I emailed YYR who told me to switch out the bearing which others told me and luckily…yye sent me a new bearing which was fine it’s a good throw which I traded away for something better…but and correct me if I am wrong here and sorry if I am misguided, fell like at $150 price point your bearings shouldn’t be dying with in 5 minutes of play…I don’t care how long they say on a shelf…my confession is that I hate when people say it happens as a response to not caring about your customer or your product!!! Replace your broken part or hell try to sell it to me!!!

3 Likes

Hmm let’s see.

I’ve found I don’t care as much about learning new tricks. I will if I get bored with my current repertoire (which isn’t exactly impressive… most complicated things I can do is Pop N’ Fresh, Kwyjibo, Skin the Matrix, Superflow?) but throwing is like vaping was to me. I get to zone out and think or just chill.

I only really get to throw for a few minutes at a time until my cat gets jealous and plants herself right in front of me. I swear, she could be on the other side of the apartment and the second she hears a bearing no matter how quiet, she runs up to me until I give her love.

I still can’t do Pinwheels. I DON’T KNOW WHY. I must have a mental block or something.

2 Likes

lol clearly you aren’t zen enough. Once you reach yoyo nirvana, you will obtain supreme yoyo clarity
:yin_yang:

…maybe try breathing exercises?

2 Likes

Hahaha I can do pinwheels but can’t for the life of me do skin the gerbils I can do parts of it but can’t dp the whole thing…I keep trying though lol!!!

2 Likes

Haha one day we’ll be able to do these tricks!

Plz teach me the path to Yolightenment, throwhisattva

1 Like