This is a Safe Thread. Post a yoyo related confession that you've never told/showed anyone here

yo-yo is business to you?

geez. Its fun to me.

14 Likes

:eyes:

1 Like

No I run my finances like a business. Once again glad to not support your company. Seems you haven’t changed at all how you treat customers, I guess I am not a customer any longer. Wouldn’t want to improve your image at all rather still come off as standoffish. Might want to start running it like a business not for the fun or whatever emotion this post was made with.

5 Likes

Not really a safe thread I guess.

11 Likes

My breakaway is cheeks

4 Likes

same as eric except with 60 euros. i also am addicted to giving away plastic yoyos, i just keep giving them away to people

3 Likes

I have a maximum collection size of 36, and never have or will spend more than 120$ USD on any non-titanium yoyo (limit does not include shipping or PayPal fees.) These are both self-imposed limits to try and control the insatiable lust I have for more yoyos, because otherwise I fear I will become homeless as soon as I move out because all of my money will go towards more yoyos.

2 Likes

Pff whatever. YYF is awesome, and I am anti-grudges!

11 Likes

Without knowing why you dislike them, everyone is entitled to thier opinions. I do agree with Yoyofactory being mass produced, but to be honest, it was that reason that got me really involved. I would not have really pushed myself to invest much into a better throw (Shutter) if it wasn’t widely used and reviewed along with being at an affordable price. It is like a gateway, YYF let me try different styles and types affordably. Now I have quite a few YYF and just as many other brands. I wouldn’t be here without them @yyfben2.deactivated. I’m sorry your experience was not like mine, but to each thier own.

What is your go to brand or throw, if you don’t mind me asking.

4 Likes

I love my YYFs.

9 Likes

I had gotten a 401k and lost one of the small parts within the first week. I honestly don’t remember what part it was. I emailed them asking if there was a way to get a replacement. They basically told me to get lost. I instantly traded it for a roo yo that I loved way more.

It’s honestly shocking that he didn’t even try to make amends here. I know their company is doing well but how many dedicated yoyoers are their. People who buy 100 dollar yoyos.

For companies I like I have been throwing a-rt a lot lately. Just got a grail and it’s the yoyo I have dreamed of since I started. I love anti yo and ILYY aswell.

6 Likes

That does suck and I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t have taken care of you.

The Grail…nice! I would love to throw one.

I know this seems like a minir offence but as a kid I was devastated. Yoyos where my life and I got treated like junk by a company I looked up to and saved to support.

Sure maybe I am holding a grudge or maybe I am supporting the companies that actually treated me good even as a foolish kid.

8 Likes

I throw sometimes at work to show off. but, when my co workers ask to try it i tell them “no”. i show them that they can’t cause its an unresponsive yoyo.(like pulling hard enough that it goes above my head) just to remind them that their plebs and should stick to their phones…

but i’ve given some of my old throws out with the hope of someone willing to learn,but they never do. Now i want to my old throws back cause i have nostalgic feelings for them…am i a bad person?

7 Likes

plebians…

3 Likes

those genesis’ tho.

3 Likes

14 years later, here I am doing the same thing. Not sure that is success? I enjoyed reading every customer service email we ever received regarding 401k. If I were to analyze ways I can annoy people, which I can do, quite well, it’s usually when I give someone the same attitude back as they come to/at me with. It’s probably why I’m still doing the same thing. Self imposed glass ceiling? Reading your message other eager brands (I see you sf) see the golden opportunity to right the wrongs of the past… where I tend to trust 14yr ago me and if needed be, would be more inclined double down :man_shrugging: . You entered this conversation with a 14yo grudge. Who am I to try wrestle that from you?

9 Likes

A confession.
I hate testing yoyos. It blows. The act of stringing and throwing… I love, but when you find a beauty, who plays like a dream but has a weird vibe that you know only a sponsored player wouldn’t care about it’s soul crushing. Some days (more-so in the past) it’s whole runs like that. The best, like the absolute smooth ones who’s bearings are already in the sweet spot would make up for it… if you could keep them all.

Psyching myself up to test 400 yoyos tomorrow :muscle:t2:

16 Likes

I know for you it’s work but that sounds like a blast.

4 Likes

Well yeah but imagine you had to do that every day.

It’s amazing how you can take almost anything that you consider “fun” and ruin it by forcing yourself to do it too much, too often, etc.

5 Likes