The Best Yoyo String Ever?

Late to the game, but another vote for the YYSL Plutonium. Now do 2A. :grin:

Seriously, Iā€™ve been on a search for 2A strings. Iā€™ve settled on Kitty Normal for now, but Iā€™m still looking. Iā€™ve tried Fist Salud Loop Lite, YYSL Type X, Alphaline, Zipline Business and Performance. I like the Loop Lite, but it was too thin and spun around the finger a little too easily. I love YYSL for 1A, but find them a little too thick for looping. Alphaline felt a little stiff, and the Ziplines were a tad thick as well.

Iā€™ve settled on Kitty Normal for now because I like the thickness. Cons: they feel a little soft and donā€™t last as long as Iā€™d like. Most string descriptions and reviews donā€™t give much in the way of string performance in the realm of 2A, and a quick search brought the usual suspects.

Looking forward to suggestions and my DMs are open for Signature Line offers. :rofl:

3 Likes

After a ton of testing a bunch of different strings ā€¦ I truly believe that YYSL and Badwolfco are making the best yoyo string out right now. Canā€™t go wrong with either one of them!

8 Likes

Sadly they are no longer available, but ā€œToxicā€ strings are without any doubt the best strings Iā€™ve ever thrown.
When I heard that Evan was getting out of the string business I purchased thousands from him so I can still enjoy them.
I have tried virtually every string I can purchase and always revert back to Toxics.

If you can ever find a bag of ā€œMarkmont Dragonsā€ or ā€œBG1ā€™sā€ I wouldnā€™t hesitate to give them a try.
Iā€™ve heard that the ā€œMarkmont Dragonsā€ are now being made by someone else, which is really cool that they still are available.

Just my 3 cents worth.

Dragons
toxic-string-b.g.1-yellow-jackets-pack

4 Likes

Picked up a yysl sample pack. Plutoniums the winner for me. Type x is too thin. Venom is great. It whips well but still is has some softness. Ka-pow feels about the same as venom except it whips faster. I prefer the former venom. Ammo is just too thick. Wouldnā€™t mind using it every now and then. But plutonium is the best of all the strings. Itā€™s a tad thicker, soft, has weight, and whips well.

5 Likes

Kitty Tall Fat in yellow. Itā€™s long and soft and consistent

wears out way to quickly compared to others in my opinion and there are plenty of string that whips muchhhhhh better. I just gave my kitty fat yellow away

2 Likes

84string and sochi string r my top fave, too good to the feel, play. 84string is exceptionaly comfortable and smell good too lol

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t the type of string that works best kind of also depend on the yo-yo (gap, response, material and maybe other factors)? I love Bad Wolf Slicc and has completely improved how some of my yoyos play, but for some throws itā€™s a little too soft/big and grabs too easily. On those I have to use something stiffer or thinner or both so Iā€™ve got a few different kinds (Bad Wolf Plushh, Alphaline, MFD Vines, OT, TopYo, YYSL, Kitty 1.5 and Fat) depending on the situation. Not at all an art or science even, just a trial/error/stab in the dark to get the few tricks I do to feel right and get consistent binds without consistent knots.

7 Likes

I usually just use the same string on all my yoyos but I know ppl that change depending on the throw forsure

2 Likes

Glad Iā€™m not the only insomniac haha.

1 Like

I have a sleeping problemā€¦Been like that all my life lol. I only take short naps

Thatā€™s good that you can deal with it. I can sleep anywhere at the drop of a hat; sitting, standing, mid-sentence and worstā€¦when driving. But, I never can get myself to go to bed. Too much to do. Tonight Iā€™m dragging out making some pizza dough in between throwing every yoyo within reach for a few minutes at a time.

2 Likes

lol I been throwing and playing fortnite tonight hahaha. Now I want pizza

2 Likes

i recommend kitty string, since its fatter than most yoyo string.

I do this too. I feel like itā€™s just a way of fine tuning the response and I figured most people did this. After trying a bunch of different strings, I landed on Sochi as my go to so I have some normal and fat of various colors. I found that different colors seem to be different too. Like, the normal white seems slightly slimmer than the colored ones (maybe because there isnā€™t any dye?) and the orange is softer than all the others.

1 Like

Personally I have two favourites, one fatter, and one thinner. For thicker string, I use YYSL Ka-Pow, and the thinner one is Sochi/Zipline Alphaline. Both are great, and feel pretty similar to me, but different yo-yos seem to perform better with thinner or thicker strings sometimes. Not sure if theyā€™re better than other strings, theyā€™re just the first more premium strings Iā€™ve tried, and Iā€™m very satisfied with them.

2 Likes

Have you tried any of the other yysl string?

1 Like

I agree, Iā€™ve also found that different throws play better with different strings. But Iā€™m also discovering that I have a definite preference in string gaps on yoyos, I prefer wider gaps so I can use a slightly fatter string (namely Plutonium). My Expedition plays great with Venom but I donā€™t play with it much because I donā€™t care for the feel or thinness of Venom string.

Basically Iā€™ve found a string that I like and am gravitating toward yoyos that play well with that particular string.

Ivan

6 Likes

If anyone likes trying new string- I highly suggest giving legit strings on etsy a try. All 3 sizes thin normal thick are really good, whip really good hold tension and last forever. Super consistent between all the sizes I donā€™t have to adjust play style. I hope more people try it as I almost guarantee you will find the perfect yoyo/ string combo (I too believe some strings and sizes match certain yoyos better)

5 Likes

Iā€™m going to purchase some just to support him :blush:

2 Likes