The Best Yoyo String Ever?

gstring - PX format…

mgodzilla

cloudy…

I recently tried the @BadWolfeCo string which came with the Don and I really liked it! Unfortunately the black color is not visible in video so I won’t use it on camera. Before trying it I heard that someone finds badwolfe strings similar to airetics. I personally have to disagree. The feeling is completely different. Airetics were extremely soft, maybe a little to much, and “silky” (is that a word?), while BadWolfe are still soft but they have a much rough feeling, which is not a bad thing. I’ve only played one black string though, no idea about other colors/blends.

3 Likes

I’m sure people compare BWC Sliccs (100% nylon) to Airetics. What ships with the Don is a poly/nylon blend. And it’s worth noting that while the Slicc is a far better comp to Airetic they aren’t exactly the same.

6 Likes

Oh, ok understood! Yeah it makes sense

2 Likes

Time to see if the hype is real or just hype and I’m going to be 100% honest with my opinion. This is a brand new zipline smoothie string in the banana slam colorway. I’m about to play this for 24 hrs(not straight) and give you guys an update. Initial impressions is that it feel nice but is thinner than I like.

3 Likes

First note… Doesn’t hold tension as good as people claim. I’ve heard it barely ever twists and this is after just a few tricks without adjusting any tension. Whips and slacks nicely

2 Likes

2nd note: brand new its very similar in play and feel to yysl type x. Pink is type x yellow is zipline

1 Like

Did you pre-stretch them? That sometimes helps with that issue.

2 Likes

Yeah I always stretch my strings

1 Like

Hey @Theycallmecotton, How you doing?
Do you have the yysl plutonium “butane flame”? Have you done any video with that string color in particular? Cheers!

1 Like

I’m don’t great! Thanks for asking. I haven’t tried that colorway of plutonium yet

2 Likes

What type (performance, skyline, etc.) of string is the Zipline red and white “nice list” string from last Christmas? I really liked this string and want to buy more of this kind the next time I order from them.

3 Likes

Yoooo wash that string and keep using it! :]

2 Likes

how does it feel after being washed?

1 Like

If there is any poly in string it goes back to almost new. If it’s full nylon it can take a little breaking in again to start playing normal

1 Like

My cat got it and damaged the string. If it wasn’t for that I definitely would.

1 Like

For me, I love the Alphaline the most since I play with bulk string. Holds tension extremely well, much better than Sochi normal and lasts quite a bit longer. It whips and slacks really nicely as well. My binds are now much more consistent which may be due to it being slightly thicker than Sochi normal. It’s also softer which is awesome. It still has that oil on it though, guess it’s just part of Sochi’s production process.

3 Likes

A custom from all Signature Pixelles of Japan thread. Whips like mad. Breaks in soft. Doesn’t fuzz quickly either.

6 Likes

Never heard of them

I made my own. :wink:

This shop still has some available. https://kmquiltingsupply.net/shop/thread/signature/signature-pixelles/

3 Likes