The Best Yoyo String Ever?

Love their company! Amazing all around

2 Likes

Still new to modern yoyo, but Iā€™ll offer my opinion: I got some Kitty Fat because so many people on Drewā€™s Yoyo podcast mentioned it as the string they use. No one really raved about it, but multiple interviewees mentioned it, so I figured if all these pros used it, it wouldnā€™t be a bad choice. I wanted to try something new because I was having trouble with the whip binds and thought that maybe a "fat"ter string might help. Iā€™d previously been using some Top Yo polyester and a few other bulk polyester and nylon strings. The Kitty didnā€™t seem all that different to the other string I had and it seems to have a lot of fibers sticking out when I look closely at it once itā€™s on a yoyo. I recently got a zipline string included with the Phidias (love that yoyo btw) and it is noticeably different than any other string I have. Itā€™s smoother feeling and doesnā€™t rope burn your fingers as much. Iā€™m a week past my first yoyo string-through-the-skin abrasion (since the 80s) from learning the matrix trick. There are some other random strings Iā€™ve gotten that seems better/smoother etc than the bulk ones, but the Zipline (not sure which string or even if thereā€™s a way to find out, Iā€™ll check the little card it was attached to later) definitely feels and plays better than anything else Iā€™ve tried. Iā€™ve got some BadWolfCo and YYSL on order/in cart so Iā€™m looking forward to trying those as well.

6 Likes

My apprentice loves the @BadWolfeCo strings I gave him. I hope he orders his own when he wears them out!

4 Likes

Wow, my mileage with plutonium is much, much worse. Within 2 hours of play it starts to look really bad and no longer holds tension well. I must mention I have sweaty palms though which seems to make all strings last the same duration.

1 Like

Try markmountā€™s night moves.
I also have sweaty hands. This string is a monster. But be aware of the slipknotā€¦

3 Likes

Oooh. How does it feel though? Is it soft and slick?

I play pretty fast so I need the string to slide easily across my finger even if itā€™s sweaty and also soft enough that I donā€™t get string burns.

1 Like

No my friendā€¦ This one is rough and super fast, must play carefully so you donā€™t hurt yourself.

Itā€™s nice for practise, also for awereness, since if you sloppy play you will burn your fingers.

But, I dont think you would have problems. I donā€™t, and Iā€™m pretty new player. Go for it and tell me what you think.

2 Likes

Hmm alright then. Also how thick is it?

The plutonium is too thick for me, especially when used on my Ti Vayder. I usually use Kitty and Sochi normal as well.

Well. I like Sochi and Kitty normal.

The markmount nigth moves here:

Markmount/Sochi/Kitty

But people are talking about the new thicker version of markmount nigth moves (which I donā€™t have)

Ps:

Unused markmount nightmoves at the top

3 Likes

It feels basically like Dragon or Draken. The website said the regular/ original Night Moves was the same thickness as Draken but I felt like it played thinner

1 Like

Hmm looks to be the same size, thatā€™s great! It really stretches out during play though, the winding is like so much looser on the used one.

Actually, that was my bad!!!

I had a torsion problem and untwisted myselfā€¦ Found that torsion point somehow softer, so I kept that.

For reference. They donā€™t loose.

1 Like

Ohh thanks haha. I canā€™t really use that information though because I have never tried any of his strings. A lot of people have said they are pretty rough which is a turn off for me.

Ah I see, maybe Iā€™ll play it like that as well since you said itā€™s softer (if I ever decide to get some that is).

Me too, had this same feelingā€¦ I like Draken, but prefer Dragon. On hot days and sweaty hands night moves was the best for me.

1 Like

At first, they do feel a little rough. They are a pretty dense and firm string while theyā€™re breaking in. There isnā€™t much else I can think to compare it to outside of other Markmont strings. Maybe some older style non-wooly nylon. If youā€™ve ever played nylon (Airetic, Skyline, etc) itā€™s basically the polar opposite in terms of tactile feel. Funny enough they both (nylon and Markmont) whip like mad.

4 Likes

Btw, sochi isnā€™t a super soft stringā€¦ Thatā€™s why sometimes I like to play sochi over kitty. Kitty is super soft.
Night moves isnā€™t that different from a brand new sochi normal. Almost if you had a timeless sochi. (My finger percepcion, and I donā€™t have baby fingersā€¦ So idkā€¦ * Better speaking, I have a mild dyshidrosis, so super soft string is kinda weird for me when this thing ā€œattacksā€)

1 Like

I see. Most of what I have are the strings on yoyoexpert. What I like are those super soft airetic nylons so markmont strings may not be for me haha.

1 Like

Markmount formulas include super soft stringsā€¦ Which I donā€™t like. But you could have a look.

Hmm interesting. Note that I only play normal thickness strings. I know that Sochi isnā€™t super soft, but I find Kitty pretty rough, much rougher than Sochi in fact. The thing that makes Sochi better for me is the oil on the string which makes my hand glide through easily and causes less string burns.

Hmm okay, but from what I heard, most of them are pretty rough.

2 Likes