The Best Yoyo String Ever?

Request a custom colorway! Win-win.

1 Like

I have used several of Ziplineā€™s strings, and theyā€™re pretty legit IMO. Then again, I live in Idaho and Zipline is local to me, so I might be slightly biased lol.

2 Likes

Iā€™m currently waiting on some YYSL string and Markmont string to arrive. Now though Iā€™m gonna need to try out BadWolfeCo soon. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes! Thatā€™s what I mostly use my Angel Hair for now. I put one on my Steel Shutter with a KonKave bearing, and thatā€™s whatā€™s been in my pocket since I got it.

Angel Hair String is even thinner, and I put that on my Flea.

Iā€™ll have to try the String Theory on an a-bearing throw.

The Angel Hair on my Flea is over 12 years old as well. I havenā€™t worn out any of my String Theory.

I wash nylon string, and I take a lighter to any frays around the response area. Itā€™s always good to go for more so far.

Cloud String is another string that works really well with a-bearing throws. I found it matches up beautifully with my Quail.

For most nylons, I use a Finch Head knot.

3 Likes

As Iā€™m sure others have said, ā€˜bestā€™ is completely subjective to what you want. As you mentioned kitty wears out quickly, but thatā€™s an old standard. I still have plenty around. The whips are average or below average depending on what you compare it to.

One of my favā€™s for whips has been Dragon for several years. I also make my own comparable to it. There are several others that Markmont has that fits the boutique label. There isnā€™t really any bounce on these but the whips are great and they last forever.

YYSL makes many great variations as does G-String.

Sochi were good but didnā€™t last a long time. Snake bite were not a particular favorite of mine but did last longer.

You should try making some yourself! Itā€™s fun and rewarding and you can custom match a yoyo by color or needed string thickness/slickness to gap and response. One I recommend you try is a full Coats Dual Duty XP thread. Itā€™s a soapy feel which whips well and breaks in softer than the initial roughness while holding neutral tension.

4 Likes

I heard some great things from YYSL but I havenā€™t tried any of their strings because of the price and I been using zipline ep 2020 currently but I would try some if they are good enough to make up for the price

1 Like

Definitely all preference! Been loving yysl.

1 Like

Buy the sample pack! You wonā€™t be disappointed

I know that you might be good at reviewing their strings because you spend up to 6 hours a day and I been doing a hour max currently but I normally would spend 2 hours max or if I really want to learn a trick then I would spend more time, this would be a great idea for your channel since you want to make a video on that over 500$ ti that you bought then why not make one for strings as well

1 Like

Im going to forsure

1 Like

Hey guys I am was talking to zhuangyuhao about zipline ep 20/20 and zipline skyline 3 string and he was saying he washed it one time and it got thicker after being thinned out a bit from use and I am wondering if you guys had experience it and if its normal for this string, another thing is that I am trying to figure out if its worth switching over from ep 20/20 to skyline 3, the price and the quantity and if its still good at technicaly tricks is the only thing holding me back.

1 Like

Also does zipline alphaline have better long term price and performance compared to them

1 Like

5 days in on this yysl plutonium. Only changing because I want to use yellow :blush::blush::blush:. Lasts forever!!!

6 Likes

That is good and can you show the difference between this string and a fresh string in a pic and how is the string tension compared to other bulk string brands you tried after long practice session?

1 Like

And how many hours did you put into that string during the 5 days you used it?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve really been impressed with alphaline. It could definitely pass as straight up boutique string IMO. But itā€™s not nylon so putting it up against skyline really isnā€™t a fair comparison. Nylon last a good while so in that case it just depends on what you want. Iā€™d say alphaline is easily more economical than ep 20/20 but ep 2020 kinda has itā€™s own feel. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve played anything like it. Ep 20/20 is great at first but I donā€™t think it lasts particularly long. If you want to be cost effective just get alphline.

4 Likes

I might sound like a idiot , how long does the alphaline pack last because I am trying to figure out the correct math to use for seeing how long a 50pk or a 100pk pack would last me, so lets say around 2 days before changing out a string for bulk strings like sochi or kitty.

Probably put in around 20 total hours on this string. It pretty much feels the same as it did when I first put it on

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m not gonna be able to give specific hour counts on a string. I just donā€™t really pay attention and also I rotate between a few throws, so it all runs together. I can say that I definitely feel like it outlasts kitty

5 Likes

Same. Ammo and Type X have been favā€™s for years. Great company and helpful too! I was psyched about their addition of strings in the String Fling, but alas, the organizer just kept all the string from everyone.

You should still try spinning some up. :slight_smile:

7 Likes