The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

My favorite beginner fixies are the Manta Ray and Legend Wing both around $10. Both have wood axles if you’re looking for that.

8 Likes

Jensen Kimmitt’s Hop Tower on a Butterfly

19 Likes

You are Killin it dude! Yuuki slack next!?!

1 Like

Sure, why not? :wink:

Yuuki Slack on a Butterfly

16 Likes

I actually laughed out loud by myself in pure astonishment. You’re amazing dude!

4 Likes

About a month ago I got an O.U.T. Hipster and was excited for a quality fixed axle. However I had trouble keeping the response consistent which led to me playing with it very little. I recently discovered the waterproof bandage tape at the hospital has a grippy surface like duncan friction stickers (or gaffers tape, or hockey tape.) Now I’ve been going balls to the stalls and it’s held up well so far. I will report back later to see if any negative changes occur.

In the mean time; If anyone wants some tape and is willing to pay shipping let me know. I’m not above the five finger discount at work but for those more morally inclined, heres the link.

Edit after 4 days: the edges of the tape have started to roll up and it’s been taking a considerable toll on the string. I believe with a throw that comes apart this would be a great response solution since you’d be able to flatten it better. Using tweezers to flatten it here wasn’t very effective.

10 Likes

Guy Wright’s bunny picture trick in honor of the recent sighting of Guy Wright!

11 Likes

Another mystic tech trick

Happy fixed axle Friday!

12 Likes

Like magic, very cool and impressive :hugs:

2 Likes
21 Likes

Happy Fixed Axle Friday!

15 Likes

Going against the grain this fixed axle Friday :upside_down_face:

13 Likes

Happy fixed axle Friday!

12 Likes

Happy fixed axle Friday! Shout out to the boomers!

15 Likes

My mind is blown :hugs:

2 Likes

Happy fixed axle Friday y’all! Here’s a couple kick flip clips!

18 Likes

Do you do any special maintenance on those Butterfies? What kind of string do you play?

4 Likes

I don’t do any maintenance or modification to the Butterflies. Sometimes I use different types of string depending on the trick I am working on or my mood. The type of strings I play are similar in play but have minor differences. I generally prefer cotton. I like the feel and it’s the most responsive. Sometimes I play polyester either just because of the color or because it makes string tricks a little easier because it is a little slicker, less snaggy, and less responsive. Sometimes I play cotton/polyester blend. It plays somewhere between the two.

4 Likes

I think :100: Cotton and Butterfly play is underrated, was the original combo back in the day, nothing like the grip of cotton and Starburst

6 Likes

Do butterflies come with cotton on them by default? Also they’re selling them at my local target in the little dollar store type area for 3$. I copped one just bc I was stoked to see them there lol. Idk if that’s a good deal or not but It’s super cool to see them and shoutout to Duncan for getting yo-yos into peoples hands.

12 Likes