The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

I can only hope. Either way, I will definitely be throwing and having fun.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying it ever since you posted it and I just can’t fathom it. Very cool trick! Congrats man! You should be proud!

2 Likes

A simple “like” is not enough. Thank you!

2 Likes

Too bad there’s no months or days of the week that start with p!
I feel like there’s many possibilities with a pegged axle. It’s very needy and demanding and I am very impatient and independent. We don’t always agree but we get along.

Happy Friday, Gang!

12 Likes

You could just call it Pegged Axle Phriday

1 Like

Amazon doesn’t have this, but found similar 3000mw Table Laser Engraver Laser Engraving Cutting Machine Diy Printer Cutter | eBay

Is there anywhere a fella can get some type 10 string? I’ve found 8 on another shop which I suppose is fine but I’d like a little variety!

1 Like

“Varial Hops” : double or nothing - varial to brother - varial to trapeze - varial

21 Likes

Bro varial hops!!! So sick!

1 Like

Thank you!

Thumbs Up Stall :+1:

15 Likes

Geez bro. You’re on fire!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I emailed support about no cotton stock in February.
They predicted March or April restock but had no definitive restock date.

Seems we are still waiting for a restock.
I don’t know the last time cotton was in stock.
I haven’t been touching my fixed axles in an attempt to ration my remaining cotton strings with no restock in sight :frowning:

Duuude…truly epic! Nice leg work on those Varial Hops. And those Thumbs Up Stalls…man, you‘re more and more becoming the Rodney Mullen of 0a. Keep it going :call_me_hand:t5:

5 Likes

I was able to get a 100 100% Cotton from YYF Direct, its the same sting that comes with Legend Wings, I like it, its a little thicker and stiffer than the YYE Type 10.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind words and inspiration! Wow, that’s a huge compliment! I’m pretty sure if anyone is the Rodney Mullen of 0A it’s Ed Haponik, or would it be Drew cause both him and Rodney invented the kickflip? Hmm… :thinking: haha. My vote’s for Ed. He’s an absolute 0A LEGEND. I’m just trying to find a trick, any trick, that he hasn’t done already. #edalreadydidthat Again, thank you very much!

8 Likes

I would say @edhaponik is more of a Rodney and @drewtetz is more of a “Gonz” if its a parallel comparison, but then @Gentry_Stein is becoming a Tony Hawk in this alternate universe.

8 Likes

Well, who am I to object to these laudatory comparisons? (Lol just kidding I wish I had a tenth of Rodney’s skill and vision.)

It just makes me super happy whenever I see players throwing themselves into this style and realizing how much is possible and how much new territory there truly is. Drew and I get more than our share of credit for having been the first to do this or that, but I think it’s hard to overstate how much inspiration WE get seeing players decide where the style goes next.

Anyone who does this stuff (or any style of yo-yoing) becomes a custodian of it. We’re all just trying to do right by it while exploring what we can.

14 Likes

I caught my son dragging Bluey here by the string today, so when I retrieved it from wherever he dropped it I decided to carry and play it for the rest of the day. The Butterfly XT was the throw that got me back into yo-yo this second time around, and it’s still an awesome 0A throw. Long spins, great stalls.

15 Likes