The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

Ooooo. I forgot all about K B Toys!!

1 Like

Arm stall thing

Edit: “Rappel” - an Ed Haponik trick

21 Likes

That is great! I love it

1 Like

fire!

1 Like

@Eric_Newlin @bheinz63 @Ardeus @Thruwell

Thank you!

1 Like

Arm Slide (sideways grind)

15 Likes

This should be the Harlem globetrotter grind hah that was sick

2 Likes

I watched the video again and whistled the Globetrotter’s theme. It was perfect.

4 Likes

Bookmarked that for later so fast!

1 Like

Is there a name for this kind of axle? The string is pulled through a hole drilled in the axle and the the cut end was glued. Zero sleep time so it’s all stalls. the string also isn’t twisted like a yoyo string it’s more like a cotten sleeve wrapped around a small core.

Here’s the gap next to a legend wing.

3 Likes

I call this the dollar store Yoyo set up bc that’s how the dollar store Yoyo I got was set up! Looks like it might work better with wood bc the dollar store Yoyo I got does not play at all! Hah! It’s also probably like 25g but I was disappointed lol glad you’re finding some use from yours

1 Like

Looks like someone that doesn’t know much about yo-yos today made a yoyo. You could tinker a bit to shrink the gap if desired it’ll be a glued yoyo but that would probably play better than how it is now

1 Like

Or the tourist shop yoyo. My Mom brings me back yoyos she finds in souvenir shops when her and my Dad are on vacation. She just brought me one back from Alaska, and I’ve got another from Yellowstone. The gaps are actually useable in the one’s I have, but the string is wedged in a small notch in the axle and one half of the yoyo. Has to be the same shop making all of them. I always cut the string out and put a “real” yoyo string on them.

4 Likes

A classic case of thinking that a yoyo is just two halves put together with an axle and nothing else matters, right?

It’s custom made to be almost imossible to use and smash into your shins at every opportunity.

4 Likes

This is my favorite thing to do with these no-sleep yoyos:

17 Likes

This looks like a great exercise as well as lots of fun.

2 Likes

“pegged string” or just “pegged”.

3 Likes

I just got confirmation that my trick “Arm Slide” above :point_up_2: is a new and original trick. I asked two yo-yo legends, Ed Haponik and Doc Pop, and they said they haven’t seen it before. I can tell my kids one day that I actually made up my own yo-yo trick lol :confetti_ball: it’s silly, but super cool to this yo-yo nerd dad. :nerd_face:

9 Likes

Gonna go out on a limb and say you probably won’t (ad shouldn’t) stop at one. :pray:t3:

8 Likes

was that an intentional pun considering the trick was an arm slide?

2 Likes