Looking for tutorials for freehand modern responsive tricks

Aside from @DocPop’s playlist and a few Rain City videos, I can’t seem to find much. Does anyone have some sweet tutorials or videos to check out for 0.5A tricks and tips?

4 Likes

Great Question.

I am working the ones you mentioned on my 0.5A endeavor. But if some one has other, I am watching this thread.

Was looking through this thread during Fixed Axel February. Could inspire something new for you.

Have fun.

3 Likes

I get inspo from @DocPop’s insta but haven’t really found another great source of tutorials.

There’s a ton of unresponsive 5A content and a lot of it is helpful for responsive 5A even if some tricks wouldn’t translate. I like Miguel Correa’s and Josh Yee’s unresponsive 5A tutorials. Here’s a playlist for Miguel Correa’s level 1 tutorials and a link to Josh Yee’s first 5A essentials because I can’t find a premade playlist:

Thanks @Pun1sh3R and @TryCatchThrow. Maybe, while this style of playing is still relatively young, the key is to learn from 0A and 5A tutorials separately. Looking for opportunities to release the counterweight when learning 0A and finding opportunities for stalls in 5A. Hopefully if I do this enough, tricks will emerge.

2 Likes

@jakebullock was doing Stalls and 5A during his 2006 Worlds Routine staring a 1:50.The Style Its still rather open though to trick exploration, all tutorials do is give ideas and building blocks, but its up to individual players to play and that’s the Best Trick.

4 Likes

If you dig through Drew Tetz’s videos (especially around 2013-2014), you’ll may find some responsive counterweight bangers. Here are a few:

4 Likes

Those tutorials by Miguel Correa are the best style of teaching tricks I‘ve ever seen. Exactly as detailed as needed without repeating the same parts several times and the visual aid makes everything so much more plausible and understandable.

3 Likes

I love his sportscaster style annotations and graphics!

1 Like

Yeah :laughing:, spot on comparison!

1 Like