The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

If you hunt around you can still find NOS No Jive 3-in-1s out there, but it probably won’t be long before they become strictly BST-only items. Which is a shame for a yoyo that is so iconic and still so highly regarded even today (well, among wood fixie fans anyway).

1 Like

I don’t and probably never will. Since making fixed axles, I find I just don’t buy them any more. I could trade for one I guess.

1 Like

In my dream world, yoyofactory or yoyoexpert buys the Tom Kuhn brand and resumes production of the No Jive, maybe introduces an updated slightly modernized SB-2. Perhaps reduces prices a bit based on higher volume if possible.

I thought about doing this myself, I have the resources to do it, but I am not sure I want to own a yo-yo company, just shipping one release (the Vayder) was satisfying enough for me.

6 Likes

I fully respect your position on not wanting to own a yoyo company. However, before I read your last sentence, my thought was “with the experience from the Ti-Vayder, Codinghorror should do it”

2 Likes

If there’s anyone who doesn’t actually run a company I would trust, it’s you. You’ve proven it. However I can understand it’s likely not the kind of stress one would take on willingly if they didn’t have to.

Maybe you can collab on the release as a consultant/financier rather than an actual owner. Less stress.

Or as I shot off in the Vayder thread, FINAL releases of the No Jive and SB2 for charity. The warming of your heart and soul may offset the stress.

2 Likes

If you’re having trouble affording this, perhaps owning Tom Kuhn is a little out of your reach @codinghorror. :joy:

8 Likes

I can’t imagine someone who hates flat bearings would ever want to own Tom Kuhn!!!

4 Likes

Is owning a company worth 2 releases that probably wouldn’t do all that well in a flooded market? Perhaps just making spiritual successors of these models is good enough.

2 Likes

TK is still slinging SB2s in 2019

2 Likes

More like liquidating.

3 Likes

I’ve heard they are just upcycled from the late 90s boom blanks

3 Likes

Should there be concave fixed axle yo-yos? :thinking:

Y E S

3 Likes

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EnlightenedOblongAustraliansilkyterrier-mobile.mp4

3 Likes

The YYF Legend has a concave axle.

2 Likes

really? I had no idea. Maybe I should have paid more attention to my legend wing before I lost it.

Not the Legend Wing, the Legend has a concave axle.

1 Like

Thank you. I do have a Legend. I learn something every day, unless I am very careful. I wasn’t careful enough when I checked this thread. :slight_smile:

So… if you play it long and hard enough every wood axle is a kk. :wink:

13 Likes

You’re ding-dang right, Ed, because concave is the natural form for all bearings! That’s the way mother nature wants it!

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation to get one! I just picked up a No Jive and I’m really excited to start getting into fixed axle! :smile:

1 Like