The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

Haha, love the name, but no, it will be something quite different from the Harbinger.

1 Like

Yeah the Legend Wing is cheap, but it is cheap in the bad, disposable way. The best starter fixed axle is a TK No Jive 3-in-1.

It makes me so sad that the whole Tom Kuhn empire is in such terrible condition, and probably will be entirely dead soon.

2 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation! I’ll take a look into picking one up soon!

1 Like

That’s a little strong. The quality of the maple unfinished ones is quite good. You can get a dud, but it’s pretty rare. The ones that are finished are little more rough around the edges.

5 Likes

Unfinished maple LWs definitely don’t seem cheap to me. They are very tactilely pleasing in the hand IMO.

6 Likes

I second this, they break in quite well too!

4 Likes

All this talk makes me want to try a Legend Wing so bad lol

6 Likes

Trade you one I painted for that O-Ting, lolololololololololololol.

1 Like

Legend Wing is DEFINITELY a good fixed axle yoyo to start with, especially if you want to find out whether it is a style you’ll be into or not.

2 Likes

Legend Wing = best starter fixed axle yoyo.

A TK no jive would be great to begin with, but it’s more expensive and can be harder to find. A legend wing is cheap, readily available to purchase and if you find you’re not a fan of fixie stuff, you haven’t broken the bank.

I like buying the blanks so I can chuck some art on them.

The “Aurora Moose” on the left is my favorite. We should all own a least one Legend Wing.

12 Likes

Some people dont seam to realise that not everyone has enough disposable income to buy all the pretty toys they want as and whenever.

3 Likes

They’re like four dollars, go buy one? So cheap

To me the TK 3-in-1 No Jive is 10x better than the Legend Wing. :man_shrugging:

No they aren’t. They are ten dollars. I think the No Jive is nice, but perhaps have a shot at a $10 fixed axle before a $45 one could be a good idea.

6 Likes

Right now the Legend Wing owns the wood fixed axle price point niche. I would also recommend the Duncan ProFly if they were still available outside of NOS (new old stock). Maybe @bjardin could make that happen and YYE could get a restock. ProFlys Jam as @edhaponik demonstrates in 77 rules for YoYo players

4 Likes

I prefer my LW over my No Jive. Response is more reliable and it’s got a bigger catch zone.

3 Likes

ProFly/ProYo GT are truly wonderful.
Love the Legend Wing for what it is too!
And the No Jive is my favorite yoyo ever, so…

5 Likes

If you give me a link where i can find a Legend Wind for four dollars then I’ll happily go and buy multiple of them lol.

1 Like

I have one here, to me these things are worth about four bucks max, I would mail it to you for free but the postage to your locale is like $12+ unfortunately.

Don’t worry. I didn’t comment about it because I can’t get one, but because it never crossed my mind to try one since I already own a fixie i really like, and hearing so much about it from everyone made me curious of it.

1 Like

I mean it is an absolute classic american icon of an object like a freakin’ Harley Davidson. So good, and eminently repairable / maintainable / moddable too with the axles and axle sleeves.

I get the idea of going cheap just to try it out and that is fine but… treat yo’ self. You’re worth it. Every serious yo-yo player should own a TK No Jive IMNSHO.

4 Likes