Soda Cleanse Bearings!

Looks like you’ve tried all bearings! 1 is missing though…a twisted trifecta bearing! :blush:

ACTUALLY…I am very excited to be getting one soon through this sight to treat! I’m anxious to get my hands on one ;D I know it will turn out great.

1 Like

I know it’ll turn out great…even though I haven’t seen your method personally…I trust that its gonna be great!

As soon as I treat one I’ll post results! And I may be able to send bearings out internationally if you were interested, no promises though.

I’ll be getting a batch from Studio42 soon! Look out for his review next week. I should also be treating a KK and CT soon as well.
P.S. thanks mrcnja for solving the quote problem ;D

^?

depends on the price, but yeah, probably.

I’ll have them competitively priced, I just need to see the interest first.

If the price was right then yes

depending on the price I’d buy one i think

I’ll be doing a tester sale very soon on the BST, also look out for Studio42’s review this week!

Depending on when they get here, it might be this week for the review or next week for sure. Major back to back events. If my testing goes nice tonight, then my week opens WAY up!!

does it work with ceramics?

Not sure, I’m hesitant to try too. If someone had lubed a ceramic I suppose it would work. I really don’t want to replace someones bearing if it doesn’t.

Its a wifes tale that you are not suposed to lube ceramic bearings. The balls are more chemical resistant not less. :wink:

I know your not supposed to; people still do though. My treatment isn’t a lube, I don’t know how it would react to a ceramic that has already absorbed lube prior to treatment.

It is more chemical resistant, not less, in other words it the balls absorb less lube then steel would, not that steel absorbs any. That is a wives tale, false, not true, common misconception. There only down sides too steel is cost, and they can not handle shock loads as well. Other then that you can do anything and everything you can too steel. They are more resistant to ware as well, won’t heat up and change shape. If every one of the ceramics I have ever got didn’t still work perfectly with out any kind of treatment I would send one off too you but, they just don’t fail.

1 Like

Thank you for clearing that up, not sure what my treatment would help or do anyhow.

Ceramics are intended for use in more corrosive environments. The ceramics balls are actually covered with microscopic pits, which is just a natural part of the ceramic. Lube and stuff kind gets up and in there. This pitting actually decreases friction because of less surface area in contact with the surfaces. Even so, a little lube still goes a long way.

I don’t see how your treatment process may affect things in a negative manner. It should be safe to continue doing what you’ve been doing.

Still rather be on the catious side and do a tester first.