Soda Cleanse Bearings!

I’ve been cleaning my bearings myself and getting amazing results. I still have a couple I’m going to send your way. I"m anxious to read your results on ones you’ve been working on.

Good to hear ;D I have 2 people who have agreed to review. If I find time this week I’ll do my gold plated bearing. Very close to locked up, well on its way there. I was getting nervous that you were pulling a fast one on me Studio by not sending bearings! I understand people get busy though.

Got busy AND some last minute expenses nailed me in the face that had to be dealt with. It may be until next week before I get them sent out.

Perfectly fine. I’m gonna be super busy this week anyhow. I probably wouldn’t have even touched the bearings till next monday.

First 2 reviewers should be posting soon! ;D

I’m subscribing this

I’m one of the two reviewers! I received this bearing in a DV888 I bought from this guy a couple days ago. After a couple days of play, it has held up, and is quite fast for what was a regular Spec bearing. Honestly if he wouldnt have told me it was a dead bearing I would have thought that he took really good care of his bearings. Great job man!

1 Like

I traded with SuperSnSProductions and he sent me a 10 ball bearing that he had “soda cleansed”, when we were talking I didn’t realize how amazing this is. I’ve played a lot of bearings since I started yoyoing and this one tops them all. To really test how good it is I took his bearing and a couple of other bearings and changed them out in my asteroid, and then played it with the different bearings. Heres what I recorded…
Soda cleansed 10 ball-smooth, fairly long spin time for the asteroid, spins a while after grinding.
Clyw-smoothish, pretty good spin tim, stopped right after grind.
Yyf-vibey, medium spin time, stopped while grinding.
Centertrac-fairly smooth, medium spin time, wobbled a little while after grinding.
Crucial v2-vibey, short spin time, stopped spinning while grinding.
Regular ten ball-fairly smooth for a plastic, between medium and awesome spin time, spun a little bit after grind.
He told me that he had used the same procedure on a dead bearing and it revived it, and after testing the bearing on different yoyos i believe him.
So in my opinion this soda cleansing is awesome you should pm him and have a bearing cleansed.

1 Like

I liked how you decided to use your asteroid, typically not a tester yo-yo. Even when I cleanse a bearing I use a metal to break it in.
Anyhow I’m glad these bearings are holding up well for you two! I hope to be servicing others soon enough!!!

Ok treated 3 bearings today: AIGR, Gold Plated, and a Center-Trac. The gold plated was near death after I had over-lubed; I cleaned it with no success. I treated it and it works nice and smooth like it should. The other bearings have yielded the same results as the ones before, long spinning and smooth.

If I stocked up on pre-treated bearings would anyone be interested to buy them?

Ever done shields mod? sounds like you have came accross it by your self, how ever you seem to be mixing your own polish.

Never heard of it…feel free to send me a link in a PM, I would hate to be doing someone elses work, though I highly doubt it.

How do they sound? Like dry bearings or quite lubed bearings? If there quite, I’ve got a batch of 30 or so bearings that can be cleaned and treated. But they’ve gotta get quite. I usually just clean in mineral spirits the use a needle to add the tiniest drop of sewing machine oil.

I’m not using a “polish”, I’m using a mixture of things that sort of act like one, I can see the similarity and confusion though. And the bearings are relatively quiet but it in no way sounds like an over-lubed 10 ball. They do have a higher ringing sound (my guess is faster speeds), but they are overall quieter then most bearings.

polish is a generic term. :wink: cocacola can polish chrome, not that I would call it that. :wink:

1 Like

I’m getting a lot of job offers but no follow throughs :frowning: I’ve decided to pre-treat some bearings to sell until these start getting more rep.

So.
This Bearing I received in a trade with him. (it’s a CT btw)

First usage.
WOW I was shocked at how long it spun on a flick, 45 seconds.

I had to throw it in my new Leviathan II.
I tried as many tricks with hardcore string wraps Mickey/ Marcus Koh style.
And the combo I timed lasted around 1:30(keep in mind it was very ugly sloppy and messy combo I through together just to push the yoyo)
And some how I managed to get a snappy bind.
I was absolutely shocked.

It played this way for 2 days.
It got a bit loud after, so input a needle tip amount of lube on 2 balls.

Yup same speed and hardcore play.
I can’t seem to have this bearing spin out. The only time was when I hit the yoyo with my hand it stops.

Seriously, this is a very amazing treatment!
Try it! You won’t be dissappointed!

1 Like

The treatment is getting hype, hype, HYPE! ;D

I just finished the last of by “bearing cleaning” for now. I have bearings to send out. I’ll send you a PM in a day or two and will have these heading your way Monday. These were the bearings that after all my cleaning efforts, just weren’t cutting it. I’m anxious to see what magic your cleaning can do

Sorry for the delay. Been a very rough month over here. I’m about to head out and throw about 200 pounds of gear into the truck before my gig tomorrow.

I’m also going to be ordering a few spare bearings from YYE fairly soon. Always good to have a couple of spares laying around in the sizes your yoyos use. One can never be sure when that will come in handy!