Shutter Vs. horizon Vs. ND the 45 dollar yoyo battle

While the shutter has several championships under its belt, it still has competition from paul kerbals horizon, and the ND. put your input, which do you think is the best?

I like the shutter, its an all around just great design, but I recently got a B-grade horizon, and it seems it can play well. The horizon seems popular for its design among my friends. the ND seems pretty popular, but I dont have one… Yet

Put your input. Which is better?

1 Like

I haven’t gotten a horizon because I’m not big on hard V shapes. But between the Shutter and ND I gotta go with the Shutter. It’s just really light and nimble, but still stable. ND isn’t bad or anything, also a really fun throw and Nate is one of my favorite players, but the Shutter is a yoyo I still pick up regularly.

5 Likes

I didn’t like the Horizon - too chunky on the string for my tastes and I’m not a fan of V in general. ND was good but I experienced slippiness on the binds and you’re missing IRG and fingerspin hub.

Gotta give the W to Shutter for overall quality of play, ability to perform wider variety of tricks (including thumb grinds and fingerspins) and hand feel.

3 Likes

Out of those 3, ND

3 Likes

This question has been asked many times before and it has been decided with no reason for any doubt that the Horizon is just better, plus it makes you look better when you throw it.

3 Likes

For me it’s ND > Shutter >> Horizon

If you were considering the Horizon I’d recommend picking up a Marco instead. Same fingerspin bowl, more width, better shape, imo.

3 Likes

I found the ND and the Shutter to play very similarly. If anything, I found the ND to be a wee bit more stable. I feel that they are so close in play that you might as well use colorway as the deciding factor.

I’ve never tried a Horizon.

3 Likes

Personally, I prefer the ND out of those three. I rarely pick up my shutter anymore. I like the floaty and fast feel of the ND. The shutter seems a bit slow, on the other hand. None of those three yoyos are that bad, so you can’t really go wrong with any of them.

3 Likes

Don’t want to be that guy, but I’d say cadence

3 Likes

I really like my Horizon as a more inexperienced player. It feels incredibly smooth and stable. I like that it doesn’t really tilt off axis very easily, since that helps me actually land tricks. I hear that it plays a bit slow, but that’s perfect for me since I don’t think I’d be able to handle super fast tricks anyways. I do hope to pick up a cheap shutter (or a variant like a shu-ta or wide angle) some day to try it out. I didn’t realize the ND was considered a popular beginner metal yoyo like the shutter or horizon.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call the ND a popular beginner model. It is certainly a good beginner model, every bit as good as the Shutter, but it isn’t nearly as well known and therefore isn’t nearly as popular.

1 Like
  • SHUTTER
  • ND
  • HORIZON

0 voters

1 Like

The ND is an exceptionally good budget model.

ND, the Shutter, then Horizon personally

So I see everyone giving the nod to the ND.
How about the ND vs. the Wide Angle?

they are all different flavors, it’s mostly opinion.
in terms of playability tho, the mvp wins.

I always liked the unusual appeal of the horizon’s shape compared to the other two. But I think if you want a really good $45 YYF metal you’re best off with an MVP3.

1 Like