Showing off RSO yoyos

Generally the aluminums are in the 100-120$ range but there’s usually some b-grades for ano issues or whatever that will be a bit cheaper. I think I remember Elvin saying a couple months ago that moving forward he’s trying to focus a bit more on reasonably priced aluminums so who knows maybe that is something we’ll see this year.

But yeah follow his insta if you wanna keep up with drops! Can be tough to catch otherwise

4 Likes

Yeah I just gave him a follow on Instagram. Neat stuff on there for sure.

I notice he said something about the end part 2 being limited to like 40 pieces or something. Yikes! :grimacing:
That’s intense haha

4 Likes

Most of the RSO are that limited. I’ll attempt to explain Old School. There’s a smoothness to the way the yo-yo lands on the string. There’s no bumps or angled cuts that cause a clicky feeling. The yo-yo tilts a bit more easily but the axis correction requires less force too because the yo-yo rights itself quicker due to more center mass and the “lever” size you Engage with the gap resides higher on the wall allowing you to maintain a flowier feel. I’ve been doing the same 2 min combo for about 5 years. All the elements are a bit different but none are difficult. The feeling and the feedback I get from the yo-yo is as important to me as the length or complexity of the trick. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Interesting! Yeah, I started yo-yoing right around 2014, so pretty much all the yoyos I’ve used have been low walled. It was definitely “post old school” from what it sounds like you’re describing. I have no nostalgia in that direction.

Just looking at other RSO models, I love their heavy blast finish. I wonder what the next one they make with that will be. The End part 2 looks cool, but I’m drooling over a matte finish right now.

2 Likes

RSO’s start second from the left on the third row. The YWETi is my favorite (just need to track down a Soaking YWET!), but I want to get another display case for the rest of the RSO’s I have because this one is rather full :joy:

15 Likes

That was between 1/3 to 1/2 horizontal, so I’ll pay you 42 cents :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

It was just as horizontal as many combos I’ve seen in competitions. But I get it, wouldn’t want to admit you were wrong and out of place :wink:

3 Likes

It started out well :+1:

That first horizontal string landing is definitely a challenge, but you’ve really got it down!

Just maintaining the tilt is hard for sure. image

You gotta finish strong! :muscle: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

But real talk, and joking aside, I’m super stoked that you’re recording tricks and putting them out there! You’ve got some serious skills!

Hit me up with your address, and I’ll send you a dollar and some Kitty string :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Imma be honest bro… the whole “but can you do a horizontal combo tho” shtick you always got going on, whether you’re joking or not, just has this weird superiority complex vibe to it… they’re yoyos… not everyone sees it like you do my man.

6 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

Yes sir. Lookin good!

Love your collection by the way. Why is the YWETI your favorite? People seem to love that one most from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

YWETi SE MkI with Ultralights and some Zipline Scales Performance Blend

15 Likes

Is the YWETI your favorite RSO as well?

1 Like

To add to this, these two videos by Gentry really helped me learn how to get the yoyo to stay horizontal. It’s actually much harder than you’d think it’ll be.

5 Likes

Yeah, the YWETi’s are high on my list. I like Highwall Organics lately as some of my current favorite tricks are Laceration Regens paired with Bind Stalls to mix in with some of my 0A repertoire.

1 Like

I’d agree. I think maintaining the tilt is probably the hardest part of it.

2 Likes

Sweet! Yeah I’ve been into regens more too. And I’m with you. So much more fun on an organic throw.

2 Likes

4 days later at 2AM and I’m still thinking about this flex…

21 Likes

Collection update, there is an ILYY e1ns 2021 in there next to it’s Ti brother and more to the right off camera from A-rt, G2, OD, Luftverk, DocPop, and Thesis. This is my drawer of luxury and yes, they all get playtime!

28 Likes