New collaboration from RSO & Atmos! The GRAVITY!

From RSO: I met Reuben from Atmos Projects back in October 2020 to discuss an all-Singaporean collaboration over dinner at Mos Burger. This was unlike previous RSO collaborations, where correspondences were done remotely. The prospect of linking up with a local company appealed greatly to me because both parties could meet in person to discuss the CAD design, art direction and eventually split the load of assembly, testing, and shipping.

We both agreed to do a titanium yo-yo with removable caps as a throwback to some of the first yoyos we learned on. For the shape - We wanted to do a combination of elements from the Atmos Cloudberry and the RSO Bowl. The final product is a light weight organic return top that fits so nicely in the hand and has a beautiful titanium ring in play. The weight is adjustable with the included caps and o-rings, and is even further adjustable by swapping side effects.

Both Reuben and I thought Gravity was the aptest name for this project, simply because the yo-yo could be customized to play with a comprehensive weight range, akin to playing the yo-yo on different planets with varying gravitational forces. Want to play on the moon? Install the aluminum ultralights. Want to play on the sun? Throw in all the components.

Releasing Friday 5/28 @ 8PM EDT.

25 Likes

This one is so enticing to me!

5 Likes

You and me both bud. Just couldnt justify 400$ for it tho. :man_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

Wish I had the extra money. This one looks really interesting, really like the size and the base weight. Bet it’ll look really great with those white Freehandish caps!

4 Likes

I can not wait? I saw that the release date changed from the 26th to the 28th and my heart sank. Waiting is the hardest part. I believe this will de-throne or at least hold court with my current collection queen.

3 Likes

Man just bought a $1000 dollar yoyo then this beauty drops… Oh my… Wifey is going to hate me

10 Likes

“Hon… I really gotta do this comp video. You know, for the people.”

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

It has always worked out for me to ask forgiveness rather than permission. Now that comes with strict limitations on the subject matter. It will work for hobbies and throws, I do nit think it will work for infidelity or gambling away the mortgage payment. I had to clarify. I have been watching the RSO web sight for about 3 weeks I am scared these are going to fly away so fast not many will be able to get them. 70 are being made I do nit think it will last the weekend as per usual , totally missed the RSO soaking wet YWET that is going to be difficult to get that is my one more after this. Cotton you keep doing the buds they are great thanks for being a one of many positive lights in the yo-yo community.

3 Likes

You know you could have asked to buy one off the maker directly right? Not saying that you shouldnt support yye just that if you wanted to guarantee one you could have emailed the guy…

Miss type Not buds ( videos )

1 Like

I did

1 Like

Thanks

:blush::blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

its perfect, I never thought I’d feel this way about a ■■■■■■■ toy. but here I am.this is it. the pinnacle

3 Likes

This is so accurate

1 Like

Dang really like how this thing looks like it just pops

3 Likes

If I got one (I’m not going to) I wouldn’t be able to put caps on it

5 Likes

I must have one! I’m going for it…

1 Like

oh ■■■■ I did it! I bought one! I cant believe i just spent 400 on a ■■■■■■■ yoyo, but I did. I feel like @Theycallmecotton right now

7 Likes