Showing off RSO yoyos

If the gold ti bowl is an extra noodle edition. Yes it is a complete collection.

3 Likes

It is indeed extra noodz

3 Likes

and the original
proto of the heavyweight :wink:

1 Like

Wow that is a beautiful collection.

3 Likes

Took a photo of my current RSO collection as I continue to unpack :grin:

19 Likes

20 Likes

Couple new arrivals. SE mechabape lookin toooo damn fine with the anti yo side effects. Elvin generously threw in this new bowl XL thatā€™s 3gā€™s lighter than the original. Lovin the feel of it compared to the OG.

22 Likes

Yo this. This is nice :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Cant decide whether I like ULs or flats in the mecha more. Both different just enough to be exciting

20 Likes

Iā€™ll pay a dollar to anyone whoā€™s posted on this thread that can land a horizontal combo :joy:

Kidding, kiddingā€¦.

But for real, these throws looks pretty fun. What would you recommend for me to get the next time I get a chance?
I know these are essentially BST gold, rivaled only my Monkeys and vintage organics nowadays, so Iā€™ll probably want to catch one on a drop.

What drops are coming up? How much do these run? The titanium ones are super expensive, I know.

But what about monometals aluminums? Are they really all that?

I need info people. Help me out here!
Introduce me to the limited and organic oriented world of RSO!

3 Likes

That rainbow one is one of the beautiful yoyos Iā€™ve ever seen

3 Likes

Woah, and this one has legit cracks in it! Thatā€™s crazy!

1 Like

A dollar??? Youā€™ve seen the yos on this threadā€¦ and you offer a DOLLAR

I can skin the gerbil zontal if I got a yo with s decent gap.

4 Likes

Giving you the benefit of the doubt you arnt trolling nightshadow to ruin our funā€¦ trusting you!!

I recommend getting one with side effects cause you really maximize the durability and lifespan of the yoyo (a)eeast to me mentally ) plus of course u can customize it a little with the centerweight +/-

You tried Doombot which I have not but you mentioned organics and Iā€™m In favor of the smaller compact ones like E1nstien and mechabape, gravity.

4 Likes

No trolling here. But you know me, and can never enter this sector of the community with out being a SLIGHT rear endā€¦ :smile:

But yeah, Iā€™m 100% interested. I suppose I canā€™t expect the older organic dudes to get into yoyoing more, if I donā€™t ever make any forays into their world. So here I am! Ready to learn.

I did try the Doombot, but I wasnā€™t really sold on its performance. But Iā€™ve never tried their real claim to fame.

Iā€™d be interested in seeing what the people love so much about the organic side of things. Yoyos that arenā€™t meant to be high performance.
(But they do play well? Itā€™s not just that theyā€™re expensive and and round shaped, right?)

Iā€™d be interested for sure.

SO, with that in mind, whatā€™s coming up?
As I said, I have no MonkeyfingeR, I have no antiyo, and I donā€™t have $1000s of dollars. So Iā€™ll probably have to get one at retail.

3 Likes

Can we just accept that not everyone actually thinks Horizontal play is that cool? I learn tricks that I think look good. Iā€™ve never seen a horizontal combo that I was like wow I need to learn that. I appreciate the difficulty of some horizontal tricks but itā€™s just not personally what I find interesting.

I usually pick like 3 different tricks/tutorials to learn and work on them for a month or whatever and then move on. If youā€™d like I can link you to what Iā€™m currently working on so you can judge me more accurately instead of generalizing. Iā€™m not a top tier yoyoer but I donā€™t know why I need to be to buy whatever I want to buy.

As far as RSOā€™s go - Thereā€™s a TISS SE yoyo being worked on that I think will drop in a month or two but that will probably be expensive in the 4-500$ish range. C size Tiramisu might be being worked on. Might be a run of the smaller original prototype spaceships in the works but not sure about that. The End pt 2 will have another run which is the only aluminum I know about thatā€™s coming. Best way to find out about upcoming stuff Is to follow his Insta.

Tiramisu is probably your best bet for something you might enjoy. That or a spaceship are probably the most solid players IMO. If you want to try an organic that is designed to play more like an oldschool yoyo then just get in on the next run of End pt. 2ā€™s

8 Likes

Oh yeah, for sure. Itā€™s not everyoneā€™s cup of tea. I havenā€™t been doing it much recently myself.

Iā€™m just poking fun because itā€™s often times a bit of an identity thing that a lot of the adult collectors of organics wonā€™t touch it, due to that fact that in order to do anything with it, some amount of consistent practice is needed.

But that my friend, is a conversation for another day.

Moving on to things we can all probably agree on: these RSO throws look really cool!

So what exactly is this ā€œold schoolā€ style of play that is mentioned in tandem with organic yoyos quite often? Is it just essentially high walls?

And to be honest, Iā€™m probably wanting to look at something that isnā€™t even trying to be high performance. If I want a high performance throw, Iā€™ll throw my Shinobi, and save $500.

Iā€™m interested in what RSO is supposed to be really good at. Which seems to be organic yoyos that are just hard to put down.

3 Likes

You are on here all the time doing this. You literally made a whole thread to make a point how bigoted you are toward adult yoyoers which dont care to be professional at the hobby.

I enjoy talking to ppl who share a common interest in a hobby but you you even started off coming in here just to laugh at your own jokes.

But if you are really interested in the yoyos I suggest you buy one and try it out :smiley:

3 Likes

Ah I worded that kind of poorly. I was trying to use oldschool to describe that itā€™s basically just a recreation of an old yoyo. Itā€™s not really designed to play oldschool itā€™s just oldschool in design as itā€™s a faithful recreation of the original

I canā€™t really speak on what an oldschool play feel isā€¦ Iā€™d guess itā€™s probably different for everyone. To me a lot of modern competition style yoā€™s play very similar. Iā€™m willing to sacrifice some performance for a more unique feel and I think thatā€™s kind of the trade off with these yoyos.

4 Likes

Yeah! I totally get that. Iā€™m running into that myself!

Itā€™s difficult because a lot of the truly old school stuff is entirely unattainable. But Iā€™d be interested in seeing the precursors to all the throws today.

So you mentioned the end Pt 2. Looks interesting! How much do their aluminums usually run?

1 Like