Show some wooden yoyos you've made

If you’re not relying on end-grain for the response, then you can orient the grain however you like as long as you mirror the sides.

4 Likes

Mirrored wood grain is just too beautiful. I think it always should be mirrored. IMO

3 Likes

Lovely match you have there. Reminds me of bookmatch on a acoustic guitar.

2 Likes

Finally finished this slim Mother T for @Woozie . My new favorite part of the process is using citrus oil after sanding as a solvent to remove any sawdust. It smells like an orange orchard!

27 Likes

Beautiful work @Eric_Newlin. You’re craftsmanship is impeccable. Taking the time to line up the grain with the inside caps and the rest of the yo-yo doesn’t go unnoticed my friend. :star2:

3 Likes

I am lucky to have an early maple version Wildwood. I just wish it had the W tree logo.

4 Likes

Excuse my ignorance, are the three trees of the logo meant to represent a “W”? Like in Wild Wood?

I have one I got in a trade and don’t know much about the history other than it is a v1.

9 Likes

That’s correct. They’re supposed to represent Wildwood. :+1:

1 Like

Thats super clever, Eric

6 Likes

Thanks! :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

The dogs woke me up at 4am, so I finished this modified/imperial.
It’s screws apart, has resin caps, and walnut oil + carnauba wax finish. I made a set of birch axle sleeves for it. No Jive sleeves also fit.

It was a lot of work. I enjoyed making it, but it’s probably not something I would make to order going forward.

28 Likes

Extremely nice!

No logo on the exterior?

Is it for sale?

1 Like

@Eric_Newlin You are doing absolutely beautiful work!

5 Likes

@vpxtreme traded me some yo-yos for it a while ago, so it is already claimed.

1 Like

Thank you!

A beautiful throw.

3 Likes

are those axles ( not the tk sleves) made form rounds you drilled? i’ve been toying with some 1/4 inch oak rounds for butterfly axle mods i just don’t have a drill press for the precision i need to make a sleeve… was also considering trying poplar because its very straight and smooth grain but its softer… haven’t found maple rounds at lowes…

2 Likes

Yes, that’s correct. I used a drill press and bradpoint bits.

1 Like

Yes I would

1 Like
23 Likes