Show some wooden yoyos you've made

Have you ever had to replace flowable silicone?
I have some old OD with original silicone and still responds normally.

1 Like

OD pads are the longest lasting and snappiest pads I’ve ever played with. But even they need replacement periodically. I just replaced the pads in my pano which I’ve played with quite a bit over the last year.

Also, I don’t think that silicon would feel right on fixie… :man_shrugging: I could see it being too grabby.

1 Like

I’ve never had to replace any pads from OD, I have a rally thats all marked up on the pads and still responds perfectly. But I hear you.

But we don’t really know until its been tried. I was thinking only doing 1 side kinda like the new freehand.

3 Likes

I use response stickers on one side in some of my no jives, works wonders

2 Likes

The mijo plays as a fixie with response pads, works and Feels pretty similar

5 Likes

New video of the current batch I’m making. I’m currently working on 13 yo-yos of various woods. Bocote, goncalo alves, iron wood, padauk, purple heart, just to name a few of them.

13 Likes

Work in progress

21 Likes

Those woods you’re getting a hold of are really beautiful.

3 Likes

Next design concept I’m experimenting with:

16 Likes

So I made this tonight. Now that I have no need for response holes in my yoyos, I wanted to test out a design with no flat inner walls. I was hoping that would change regen feel and speed as well as open up the gap just slightly for better string trick capability.

Some positives are:

• Better regens with my new response system due to more endgrain contact with string on winds.
  • Better regen speed control.
  • Smoother and more open feeling in orbital tricks.
  • Reduced return speed near the end of winds making certain stalls such as backhand easier.
  • UFOs seems easier.
  • String tricks are easier.

I haven’t found any negatives yet, but I may with more testing.

22 Likes

I have had a similar experience with a tiny response bump and a slightly recessed “end grain” in this printed design I’m working on. Helped a lot with string tricks and response was still snappy.

16 Likes

Made this one today. Osage orange body with a Walnut axle.

20 Likes

Pictures never really show the beauty of Osage orange or any bright color woods

2 Likes

Gluing up some oldies and a “prototype”.
I’m working on too many things at once. I can’t focus and it’s causing me to be accident prone. My hands can’t handle this much abuse and that’s keeping me from throwing. :crazy_face:

7 Likes

You mentioning that in your last video has definitely cooled me off from wanting to pick up a lathe (or even finally put together a new shelf for my collection). I can’t even cut bread without injury these days.

1 Like

Made a couple of KNack XLs (yet to confirm name). One of for @Myk_Myk , and the other for sale on the BST later tonight. They are both very responsive.

18 Likes

The Big KNack?

3 Likes

Max KNack and the Thunderdome

1 Like

KNew KNack?

1 Like

SkiKNKNy KNack?

1 Like