Show some wooden yoyos you've made

The big KNack is clearly the KNock…

5 Likes

What about the KNight, although that was also the first “big” seeming word I could think of that started with KN. Totally new name to usher in the brand new response system and the size makes it different enough.

4 Likes

That’s exactly what Kyle said!

3 Likes

Then when you sell out you can say “We really KNocked this one out of the park”

I’ll show myself out…

6 Likes

If you’re reaching straight for the big one, skipping straight to the hard stuff, it must be a weeKNight

2 Likes

I converted one of my new fixies to unresponsive.
I call them HD-SE’s! The HD stands for Home Depot. :yo-yo:

18 Likes

Made an ultra thin yoyo. Its about 19mm wide.

25 Likes

How sturdy does that feel in your hand? Those halves look crazy thin. When I had a PockeHt (in spectraply) it felt like the halves were so thin they’d break off of the yoyo if I just looked at it funny.

1 Like

Reminds me a bit of the a/rt orphan that jensen makes. Looks beautiful!

2 Likes

Plenty sturdy. The halves are still about 8mm wide.

1 Like

My man, I was just about to message you about a super thin yoyo. Perfect timing!

2 Likes

I made a wenge Button for a local luthier who is building me a custom ukulele. He asked for a yoyo from me in return for a discount. I hope he likes it. Luther skill and artistry is many levels above making yoyos.

31 Likes

That looks sweet! No new response system on this one?

No the Button already has response holes.

1 Like

Duh - now I feel dumb lol

1 Like

That’s the noxious demon-wood, yes?

1 Like

Yes indeed. Wenge (murderwood).

7 Likes

Mmm. Still need something made of that. I think you’re busy enough in your lab at the moment though.

@RC_yo-yo you feel like getting dangerous with Wenge?

2 Likes

I’m willing to give it a shot. I used it once before and it is nasty stuff, but it’s so beautiful.

4 Likes

Amazing!

1 Like