Gap width: 2.35
Weight: 52g

The H/inverse shaped is:

Diameter: 56.5mm
Width: 33mm
Gap width: 2.35
Weight: 47g

12 Likes

^ Very nice! Which shape do you like better, or do you know yet?

3 Likes

Both have their own feel, but I think I prefer the H/inverse.

They are both great players but I think that ine is extra nice.

3 Likes

I’m thinking of maybe selling a couple of the yoyos I’ve made on the BST. Maybe. Because at this rate, I won’t be able to keep funding the use of these really nice woods. Lol!

4 Likes

Both look great!

3 Likes

I’ve got an older TMBR similar to that “H” shape you made. Can’t remember what Colin called that one. His had a much lower wall, you can go through many modern tricks with that yoyo. Sometimes you even have to bind to get it to come back :smiley:

5 Likes

:smiley:

6 Likes

Beveled off the edges of my inverse/H model. It’s more comfortable now

If anybody is interested, it’s in my BST.

10 Likes

This is made from Tasmanian Oak:

6 Likes

Hey Glenacius K, I really like the looks of your homemade woods. Do they throw as good as they look?

2 Likes

Those look great! What’s in the center of that last one? sequins or something?

2 Likes

They perform really well and have a good play feel. There isn’t a trick I’ve tried that they can’t handle. I test them with variety of fixed axle tricks like stalls, flips, shoot the moons etc. Stop ‘n’ go is an important one for me. I won’t bother much with a yoyo unless it can easily perfom a minimum of three trapeze stop ‘n’ gos consecutively. Most important of all, I check them for sleep and return consistency, they need to sleep and stay that way easily during tricks but also return readily when you want it to.

3 Likes

Yeah, they’re sequins :).

This model needs a bit of tweaking, at 38g I’m finding it’s a little too light and the centre decoration needs a bit of tweaking also.

Next batch I make will spot on!

2 Likes

Impressive!

2 Likes

8 Likes

Beautiful! :o

2 Likes

Seeing yours I think mine sucks :frowning:

2 Likes

I thought yours were kinda cool! Loved the tree engraved one.

2 Likes

Nice work! Do you use a router to bevel the edges or do you turn them on a lathe?

2 Likes

I use a router.

3 Likes