Show some wooden yoyos you've made

That purple/blue is out of this world!

3 Likes

:star_struck::exploding_head:
Those are gorgeous!!!

3 Likes

I didn’t make but I modded this one up. Old BC Phantom that I removed the paint from. Originally modded it to be a KO No Jive but one day while I was at work my wife messed with it and it never was the same. So I remodded it to have Cabal guts.

13 Likes

I’m really starting to hit my stride with these one-piece designs. I find them more satisfying to turn.

I will be truning them fairly regularly for the foreseeable future.

To keep things fresh for you, what would you like to see and purchase?

Is simply Bloodcell after Bloodcell what you want?

Do you want more KNacks? Something new?

I don’t know! Let me know your thoughts.

11 Likes

After spending time with the large maple yoyo with rims and the oak Button, I kinda want a maple/oak Big Button right now. Same Button width, but with a larger diameter. :pray:

1 Like

Don’t you want that elusive KNack XL?

2 Likes

Oh most definitely! A taller, slimmer, one-piece KNack. :heart_eyes:

I want 'em both. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure that Buttons will be all that possible or even work all that well. The response would be extremely aggressive with both the holes and endgrain response.

Ahh, so that’s why Buttons are still three-piece. Makes sense.
At least my wallet’s relieved. :smile:

1 Like

Something new is intriguing and probably the easiest for me to put money into :grin:

Love both the Bloodcell and KNack. I love when you make matched sets.

The only new thing I can think of is something with a large diameter, thin and with a very high inner wall.

I don’t know how to improve much further than with my current models. Just don’t see anything wrong with the KNack, Bloodcell and Button.

3 Likes

I also do not see anything wrong with them :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I just don’t want to end up making the Telecaster for 70 years though.

4 Likes

I mean, there’s also nothing wrong with the Telecaster? I’d buy one but at the time I was buying expensive guitars I was an Explorer sort of person…

1 Like

I am interested in Bloodcells in other woods. I have a Maple, Blackwood and, coming, a Spectraply. I haven’t a KNack at all.

2 Likes

The KNack is easily my fave. You should try one!

3 Likes

Perhaps you could revisit some experimental concepts like this one with no straight inner walls? Maybe a taller version of this?
I love how smooth and nimble this one plays.

8 Likes

These look fantastic Glen. I’m intrigued by how deep the dimples are now with the one piece design and I’m liking the look of the more rounded edge on that KNack.

1 Like

At some point I would love to see more of a looper style (thinner and a bit smaller)

The dead orse would be lovely to see more of.

I want a knack at some point myself.

If funds where freely available I would message you with a request but that a later in the year budget item :confused:

That’s the hard part for certain, I think I agree that the current SW staples are hard to navigate away from, the KNack, Bloodcell, Harbinger, Button, etc., are all very solid and amazing designs.

I’m always game for something new as well though, let the creative juices fly! Something big sounds exciting, I have an Urchin and it’s super fun to just grab for some great casual big throwing action. :slight_smile:

2 Likes