Shame on PROMASTER

I think part of the problem is that the parties involved are relatively new to trading based on their feedback record. Early on in your trade experience, as Coffelt mentioned, you learn things that you need to ask and make clear, so that you can filter out any room for error. For example, he stated that he has learned to request that throws be shipped to him a certain way. He knows what he needs to be satisfied with the deal. I have learned to specify that I want the throw “mint,” not semi-mint or one nick or a scratch but “mint.” Everyone has their pet peeves about trading, and it takes experience to deal accordingly. I think these two parties being relatively inexperienced in BST has caused some difficulties. It has happened to most of us early on. Descriptions of throws could be more thorough, packing well, and inspecting the throw before feeback and such are lessons to be learned here.

I will say that Promaster’s communication could be better. Calling someone a “freaking liar,” and a “real enemy” encourages a resolution in this matter to go nowhere. It is best to just state the facts as you know them to be, rather than start throwing adjectives around.

No but he told me about the condition of his, he said it only had two tiny pinpricks

Ok, so I sent him a yoyo with no dings and two scratches in the sides, I never said it was mint. Just FYI

I contacted him and apologized for the whole ordeal, and then said that I would soon be changing his feedback to neutral or negative, then I said “PLEASE take apart yoyos before shipping, don’t make this mistake again”

I got this in return, remember that I never said it was mint, and I’m POSITIVE that it was smooth, I even put a kk in it.

As totalartist said you live and you learn. This thread will be visited upon any trades with serious forum members and so will this and future feedback. I try and over examine my throws to a near mental patient status when trading. I have pointed out manufacturers machining marks and even the most minuscule mark from my wedding ring. As you trade you and your trades will grow. I follow the simple do onto others rule. Good luck and good trades.

Ok, I have played the Katz Meow in question, and can confirm that it does indeed have quite a few dings and a very significant vibe. (Not that I don’t think you guys didn’t believe him, just confirming this detail). I think everyone agrees here that the bearing seat was damaged before or during shipping. PROMASTER also states that it was smooth when he sent it, implying that it was damaged during shipping. He also states that the Axiom arrived with quite a few dings, when the picture he supplied from his BST thread shows the Axiom in very good condition, with no visible scuffs or dings. PROMASTER later says that it also has vibe.

Yoyos should ALWAYS be shipped in disassembled UNLESS they are in a box or some other container that doesn’t compress. The reason stores and manufacturers are able to get away with shipping the yoyo whole is because it’s in two different boxes. The box that the yoyo is actually in, and the shipping box. This gives enough strength for a majority of the time. Granted, most of the time they won’t stack excessively heavy items on top of a small envelope, but it does happen.

Based on what I’ve read here, PROMASTER is at fault. He shipped the Katz Meow whole, and improperly, causing the bearing seat to deform, and ultimately resulting in vibe. He then proceeded to say that the yoyo has many dings. We can see that from the picture provided beforehand on Apollo2’s BST that the Axiom has very little damage, if any. PROMASTER then adds that it vibes “A little.” Since we know that everyone’s definition of vibe varies slightly, this could be the case. However, due to him not mentioning the vibe in his first post, which clearly exaggerates the condition of said Axiom, I believe the vibe issue may have been made up as well.

I think that PROMASTER should compensate Apollo2 to his satisfaction.

And you now have proof that he will give you retaliatory negative feedback. So if he does, just ask the mods to remove it, and they will. Feel safe to give promaster the feedback you believe he deserves.

@Wildcat

A manufacturer’s box compresses very easily. A One Drop box, a Spyy box, a Yoyojam box…they all do, and provide next to no protection from something being slammed on top of a throw. Still, stores ship them assembled with no issues. I will do a video putting weight on those boxes to prove it. I save boxes. I still see no issue with the yo-yo mailed assembled as the store ships it and the manufacturer ships it. I still see no proof that the bearing seat was damaged by Promaster. It is a possibility, but has not been proven. These two should go their separate ways and lessons learned. I still don’t know the date Apollo first raised this issue to Promaster, if it was a day after he got the yo-yo or weeks later is an important fact to note. You can’t give positive feedback, play a yo-yo for weeks, and then raise a damage issue at this stage with any credibility.

Promaster, in my eyes has conflicting statements about his packing efforts, and bad trade communication.

I think that he should give me 20$… But it’s very unlikely that he’ll do that

FOr an axle and some vibe, thats too much. Axle is probably less than 50 cents at the hardware store, and a small vibe would reduce value 5-10$. And, its a 25$ yoyo, so you get no axle and a slight vibe, and he buys you a whole new yoyo essentially.

The Katz meow is 80$ new…

Nvm there was a price drop… 60$ new

Nevermind, it was 25$ new http://www.ebay.com/itm/Katz-Meow-yoyo-aluminum-yo-yo-/120987505635

20$ because its unfixable, and the vibe is really bad

Look at their website, that’s EBay

Yeah, look at the seller. Thats the owner of FLP

Hmmmmmm, prices vary

Listen though, it’s not like he’s really gonna give me any $$$$$$ :frowning:

Yes but FLP is not a big or popular company, so that is likely very old. If you check, the ebay one actually sold 10 days ago

O… But still, it’s not like he’s gonna pay me. But I do need some strings! He probably won’t send me string either

I think you should ask for like 7$, then order some string.