Admin help- Settled. Please delete

I wanted to make this post now before anymore time passes. I just got an EXoS out of the mailbox about an hour ago. An Exos that I bought/traded from @Mhoodlum. He described the product as mint. The product has some scratches, a couple of dings, and significant vibe. I could live with the scratches and dings but the vibe is really bad, especially to be sold as mint. I gave him $200 plus a mint Klondike for his EXoS. He is saying that I damaged it within the hour of receiving it, and that he will not refund and trade back. I’ve had nothing but positive interactions until now and am never super picky on stuff being one hundred percent mint, but this was an expensive transaction and the vibe is something I couldn’t just let go. Please advise me on what to do with this matter.

Here are some pics of the damage. I would upload video of the vibe, but it won’t let me. I can make a YouTube video and post here if need be. Thanks everyone.

1 Like

1 Like

There was no damage when I sent it I made an offer and you refused

I swear on the life of my son that the damage was there when I received it. I threw it once to test for vibe and was very let down by what I found. The proper thing to do is a refund. It’s what I would do if someone came to me with the same exact problem.

I made an offer and you refused and it was mint when I shipped it no damage and look at my feedback since you brought yours !

Ok bro. I’m not going to argue with you. There should be no offer. It should be you respect the discrepancy at hand and us exchange back. I would never damage a yo-yo and say that it was like that when I got it just to ask for a refund. That preposterous. I’ll just take it as a loss.

I saw that you just created an account not too long ago. How long have you been yoyoing? I could see the slight damage getting by some people but the vibe is what makes me think that it might be on you. @Mhoodlum is a pretty trusted seller.

4 Likes

I am not arguing either it was mint when it was shipped! You damaged it now you want me to take a loss . You had pics all that you requested and said ok before I shipped .

@UnluckyOwl53 ive been yo-yoing for nearly a year. And I swear on my son that I didn’t ding it or damage it. Took it out, noticed the damage, threw it once for vibe test, and contacted him. This was an HOUR ago. I’m actually really good at yo-yoing for the short time I’ve thrown. I can see that since mhood has been here longer that he’s going to get his friends to come to his defense. That’s fine. I’m good with taking the L. Just definitely not how I would handle the situation if the tables were turned.

Your pic quality was terrible lol. I was taking your word for it which I’ll definitely never do again. I really don’t care to take the L dude. Just know that I swear on everyone I love, hand on the bible that I didn’t damage it. Have a good one.

1 Like

No you gave me a demand and I refused now you are mad and called me a liar. You brought up feed back I did not ! I have over 100 transactions that have been accounted for . And now my pics were bad never said that til now !

Did you try swapping the axle and bearing to test it out? Could have been squished during shipping.

I do transactions almost everyday man. I wouldn’t damage a yo-yo and then try to get my money back. That would be a terrible, crooked thing to do to a person. I wish you could know the truth but I see you’ve got your mind made up.

@yoyojoe i have not. It was actually packaged really well. Ton of bubble wrap and inside the Luftverk Styrofoam box. Couldn’t have happened during shipping.

To say this. Dennis has been a good friend and honest person with every transaction we have had… while his account may be new here. Him and i, along with others have had smooth transactions. Even when we dont agree. We do respect one another.

With that said. Im not taking a side but i am speaking on dennis’ honesty and word. He wouldnt say this just because…

He had even traded me yoyos that were mint and got either a slight scuff or ding and owned it and told me. As soon as it happened. With that said. I really don’t see him just making this up.

1 Like

Each pictured evidence of damage looks distinct from the others; i.e., not just one unfortunate drop, but multiple independent occurrences (or damage done in transit). Based on that, I don’t think you’re lying @YoyoD3N. Then again, given his history and feedback, I’m not convinced @Mhoodlum is lying either.

I’m just chiming in to offer sympathy. I’ve been there; it sucks when an exciting mail day turns out to be a sour experience. Good luck to ya.

5 Likes

At the danger of crosshairs, both of you are ok guys.

I’ve sold and bought from yoyod3n who has a more prominent presence historically on FB bst

Matt is also a super standup guy for many transactions and communication that I’d vouch for both pricing and state of condition.

I get it’s a lot of pointing right now but I’d take it offline and see if you all can come to terms.

To everyone else, always request more pics and video. Cake spinners and a vibe test throw are worth the extra few seconds.

5 Likes

If you need any help cleaning up the damage I can give you some tips. I know you expected a mint yoyo but you can probably clean it up pretty well.

All you need is a m4 screw, some meguiars metal polish, steel wool, a drill, and some paper towels. If you need any help let me know.

Also I would definitely try swapping the axle and bearing to see if that fixes the vibe.

5 Likes

I’m not at all worried about the cosmetic damage. I mean yeah bummer but no big deal. Wouldn’t have even said anything about that if that’s all it was. The vibe though… Can feel it on the string and it does affect play.

Thanks @yoyojoe