SCALES LIVE x YoYoExpert - Make the Simple Amazing Remix Trick Challenge! - Thursday 04/25 - 9pm EST

Tune in this Thursday at 9pm EST for an exciting collaboration with SCALES!

“Make the Simple Amazing!” Trick Challenge!

Show off your creativity by remixing classic tricks, like those found in the YYE tutorials.
Submit your tricks before Thursday at 7pm to be featured during the stream.

16 Likes

how does one quantify a trick remix vs say, a combo with parts of many classic tricks? does it have to maybe begin and end in the same moves as the original trick?

4 Likes

I would say try your best to incorporate the main parts to the trick, and then add or begin your remix with what you feel fits best! :slight_smile: Theres no right or wrong way to approach it! - That is what makes it fun!

Trick or combo, again as long as it has some elements or shows that it is related to the original trick in any form, I think its all game!

Good luck!

-Eric

7 Likes

I wish there was a bit more time to create, I just made a remix of White Buddha, following Eric advices but I am not fully satisfied with it.
Will see if I can modify it more and try to film tomorrow!

5 Likes

If you want some visual inspiration as to what a “remix” of a trick could be, in 2021/2022 there were threads here where once a month a classic trick was picked for people to post remixes of:

7 Likes

Cool, here’s one i have ready, kamikaze remix.

9 Likes

awesome, I love your flop to DNA bind ending!

Just FYI, you’ll need to DM it to @scalescollective on Instagram to submit it for viewing on Thursday; easy to miss if you’ve not submitted a trick to Scales Live before since it’s only mentioned in the picture and not the post text :slight_smile:

4 Likes

White buddha is one of my favorite classic tricks. Looking forward to seeing it.

2 Likes

Ok guys, this is my entry with a remix of White Buddha, I am very sorry if it’s not perfect but I had to do everything couple of hours yesterday and film today, hope you like it anyway :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I submitted your entry to scales for yah Justin! :slight_smile: Killer Remix!!

3 Likes

Eric man, I am not sure if I have done it correctly, I attached the video via DM on their Instagram and sent the YouTube link, should be fine?

perfect! :slight_smile: as long as you DMed them in instagram you shoud be good! - Also amazing REMIX - cant wait to see everyones takes!!!

2 Likes

Thanks Eric! i did open an insta account and sent a dm as well… not sure i’m ready to get deeper into the socials yet, but it is hard to participate without these things too.

2 Likes