“Unofficial” Classic Trick Remix of The Month - July “Gyroscopic Flop"

This month’s trick is “Gyroscopic Flop”.

Prizes Update:

• $100 gift card from YYE!

• $25 YYE gift card from “Awesome Dude”!

• “Trompo Grande” or “Short Circuit” from rehearselive.com for Top submissions!

Submit here.

In the meantime, follow these rules again: Classic Trick Remix Contest (May is Kamikaze) - YouTube

The deadline is July 31st at 11:59 EST…"

I guess I’m not going to get to a video for this. Here are a couple of examples of using Gyroscopic Flop in a trick for inspiration:

“Flopsicle” counts!

I have one I’m working on for yoyo and another for tops, but they both elude me!

14 Likes

Make it a $100 gift card! :100:

19 Likes

whoa awesome!

5 Likes

Okay, for this month I will be eligible to win! :rofl:

Just kidding… That is super generous, thanks André!!!

7 Likes

Bump, Bump, Bump It Up!

Please help me spread the word! (I’m not very good at it.)

I updated the OP with the list of prizes.

Hoping to have mine this week.

1 Like

I’ll make a video to spread the word as I did for June’s trick!

5 Likes

Hey @Myk_Myk, I’m really glad y’all are keeping the classic trick remix contest going and flattered you are doing the Gyroscopic Flop. Yes, the flop is one of my tricks and that 2000 recording is of the original version. Hironori Mii then created an alternate version that starts with a mach 5 mount which then became super popular too. I’d say most people do it from Hiro’s mount.

I have a few gyroscopic flops into binds that I like to do. My favorite is “Flopsicle”, which you can learn here

12 Likes

Thanks, I think this might be what I need to make my idea work! Hmm, except that the yoyo will be spinning the wrong way for me… I’ll figure it out. Actually, I think I have it! Off to practice…

I’ll edit the OP, to instruct that a “Flopsicle” counts too.

2 Likes

Here is one. Hope you guys like .

11 Likes

Here is my submission. I think of it like a magic-flop.

10 Likes

My entry for the Gyroscopic Flop remix.

I guess there are a few flops in there, but the flop to fingerspin is the one I had in mind.

11 Likes

Here’s my remix. Definitely needed a lot of spin for this one.

14 Likes

Whoa! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Wow!! We might have a winner

3 Likes

This is my favorite trick/combo I’ve ever pulled off. It’s nothing super fancy but it is very difficult for me and I’ve only pulled it off twice lol. It combines Jack’s Slack with Mexican Duck Pond. I’m getting pretty good at doing the pond, it’s the slack that gives me trouble.

11 Likes

Been loving what I’ve seen from the rest of you all as well! :+1:

3 Likes

We might, but fate will choose!

@twitch77 The one I’m working on has a Duck Pond too! So much for my originality… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Too late to switch gears now.

4 Likes

It is such a fun, cool looking trick! :smiley:

2 Likes

I tried to develop something that had duck pond as well haha! I tried to make an entire combo with one hand but returning the yoyo like this turned out to be too complicated

3 Likes