“Unofficial” Classic Trick Remix of The Month - July “Gyroscopic Flop"

I thought this one was also a little hard to come up with a “true” remix because how do you change it without it becoming something entirely different? So here’s a twofer, using a @DocPop Bolt (I heard there’s a part 2 and you really need to buy it) with what I’m pretty sure is it’s original bearing lol.

1. “fancy flop”
  1. “manual flop” Stop, Flop, ‘n’ Go (thanks @Myk_Myk for the much better name!) – kinda dumb but the only “real” remix I could think of ha
8 Likes

“Remix” may be a bit of a misnomer in this case. These just need to be combos with a flop in them. Regardless, awesome as always!

I think the 2nd one should be “Stop Flop 'n Go”!

3 Likes

That makes sense, and thank you! :blush:

This is a fantastic name, totally stealing using it!

3 Likes

lol such a perfect name for the trick!

3 Likes

Okay, please don’t feel obligated to use all my names (especially if you’re a vegetarian/vegan! :grin:), but the 2nd one seems like “Patty Flop”. As in, “Flop that beef patty on the grill.”, because of the Beef Hook element.

3 Likes

I love that whip to the Fancy Flop.

3 Likes

Thank you :blush: I’m not consistent with it at all, it lands a different way about 75% of the time :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

It’s been a good month of learning for me with my tops. Cleaned up my boomerang and wirewalker, and then purchased my first bearing top. I’ve only had it about 10 or so days, but I’m hoping to get the flop down before month end.

5 Likes

Having any trouble learning it? Maybe we can help in this thread. I’m always interested to hear the tips other players have for this trick.

6 Likes

Thanks @DocPop ! Youre always so gracious.
:+1:
I’ve got yoyo club today, and @ta0 (2 time spintop world champ) is gonna help me clean it up.

After we battle some tops of course.
:wink:

5 Likes

Ok so from what I was doing(which I couldn’t yet verbalize at the time :wink: ) it seems that I was not centering the top on the string evenly. I had it more to one side or the other. I was also applying pressure too long.

So the 2 tips I got were.

1. Keep the top centered
  2. Apply the pressure for rotation 3/4 of the turn

I’m still curious to hear if anyone has any other tips for gyro with the spintop.

3 Likes

Whoa, Jorge goes to your yoyo club? NO FAIR!!!

1 Like

Here is my submission for the month. Still need some work on my horizontal.

Login • Instagram

7 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Even with all those other toys, I bet the yoyo is your favorite! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I made a lot of progress on my trick at Throw Live Atlanta with @SpyseaRice on Sunday. I simplified it (to shorten it as it’s a repeater) and hit it clean yesterday. I should be able to get it recorded by the 31st. Hoping to get a top trick on too…

4 Likes

Idk, the 4 wheeler is pretty fun too :sunglasses:. Definitely top 3 tho :yo-yo::ok_hand:

2 Likes

It’s nice to see this video again. This is what got me to learn Mexican duck pond. It was the first time I saw the trick.

3 Likes

lol very cool :smiley:

2 Likes

Loving the submissions so far!

There are still a couple of days left. (Including for my ineligible submission.)

4 Likes

Hey everyone! I made an account just to post this trick. I hope I’m not too late.

I’m not all that great at throwing but I had fun :laughing:

https://youtube.com/shorts/OWRbv6wZTKQ?feature=share

I have no idea how to embed a video so hopefully this is okay :grimacing:

10 Likes

Welcome to the YYE forum, and thanks for posting the cool trick! I like the Kwyjibo elements.

I hope you’ll stick around. How did you hear about the contest?

1 Like