Gyro exit variation

so i was messing around with gyroscopic flops and i tend to flop twice as a default :man_shrugging: i accidentally figured out that if you, instead of plucking the string from the gap, roll back onto the string, you can drop into a gt that dismounts to the front. maybe everyone already knows this and I’m last to the party, but i haven’t seen anyone else do it so i figured I’d leave it here just in case. for reference i only ever enter gyro flops from a plastic whip so i dont know if that matters. finally, as far as i can tell it works with 2 and only 2 flops, more or fewer and i can’t get it to work the same

10 Likes

That’s cool. I’ve only ever seen people dismount by rejecting the string out of the side.

Got any tips for completing the flip? This is one of the tricks I’ve struggled with for years. When I try it, the yoyo usually flips halfway and then gets stuck horizontal.

2 Likes

if you mean getting it to keep rolling, the trick is you gotta keep moving your hands. it’s subtle but they have to move. the yoyo flops because you are pushing string into the wall. its like when you correct tilt, you just make it keep tilting in the same direction. but if you experiment with how youre pushing the string you can affect both the direction and rate of rotation, push harder and itll flop faster, switch which hand you push forward and the flop will reverse.

lemme know if any of that isn’t clear or if you still have trouble and good luck!

2 Likes

Nice! Here’s a cool gyro tower I seen Shota Saga post on ig a bit ago. I still struggle to get the reveal right but w/e lol that’s a task for another day. I like the idea of gyro into a picture.

3 Likes

i like it! flops are fun to learn as an individual trick, but I’ve trying to think about more ways to incorporate it somehow into the natural flow of combos. i should prob learn a couple more ways to enter gyro flop so i can branch out on that. it’s just such a satisfying element to perform and watch! yesterday i started working on the @DocPop trick phantom whip, which he shows a gyro flop variation

1 Like

I saw that trick too, but I can’t slow it down to figure out how to do it… my old eyes can’t keep up! Great job!

1 Like