DorN double dismount advice please

Normally I just pull over for a double flip effect when dismounting double or nothing, such as this.

Would like to learn how to perform it such as Nathan Irwin, like this.

Best I can currently manage is this.

Can’t get my head around it, seems simple enough, but to my mind it just shouldn’t work.

If any of you fine learn’ed throwers could shed any light, it’d be much appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Likes

I like to continue that roll out on over into a Matrix. It’s a very natural progression.

1 Like

It looks like during the spin, he lets go with the thumb and you are holding on to it.

Edit: looks like he actually transferred the string from his thumb to his pointer finger before the final roll

1 Like

On the second roll, he is turning his NTH finger towards himself and rolling the yoyo inside his arms, not out in front.

2 Likes