#classicremix - Oct 21 - Go Back Black Hop It Again

This month is another elements month, but the trick “Black Hops” is an excellent example of what this month’s remix is all about. I want to see a trick with a simple element(s) that goes from one side to the other, especially if they involve increasing and or decreasing the number of wraps around your hands and or fingers. “Rewind” is another trick to reference.

I said “simple element”, but it could be a difficult or more complex element as well, as long as it goes from side to side. It doesn’t have to be the main focus of the trick, as long as it’s in there somewhere.

Rewind:

One of the halves of @AndreBoulay’s tut is down, so:

Prize: I’m going to assume it’s a $100 YYE gift card until @AndreBoulay tells me otherwise. :man_shrugging: and he’s the man!

Follow these rules again: Classic Trick Remix Contest (May is Kamikaze) - YouTube

The deadline is October 31st at 23:59. Happy Halloween! :ghost:

Please remember to use #classicremix.

13 Likes

A picture trick to start us off.

9 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

I hope I haven’t picked a dud theme this month! Maybe I take it too personally, but I try to put some thought into these, and I usually incorporate my own experiences with yoyoing. I feel pressure to make these successful and well participated, especially since Andre’s ponying up a $100gf!

Anyway, here’s a bump!

Some people have said they have an easier time when these contests follow a classic trick rather than an element or concept. In this case, you can use Black Hops or Rewind or any other trick with a similar set of elements as your starting point.

C’mon, let’s post up!

6 Likes

Mine is still in the works. I really want to try and make it clean this month. Should be posting it in about a week :ok_hand:

1 Like

I also take what may be a ridiculous amount if time to work on my remix before submitting…but rest assured it’s in the works!

Thanks again for keeping this alive, I know I look forward to it every month!

2 Likes

I am also working on this months but I have a bit of a “writers block” coming up with something new .

This months element is a bit tricky.

1 Like

Me too

I have 3 month old son Block :sweat_smile::joy: it’s hard to practice when I have such a cute lil dude that always wants to hang out :blush:

But I’ll do my best to post something :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Here’s mine! The simple element I chose to hop with in my remix was chopsticks. I thinking it turned out pretty well. Really pushed myself with this one. All the hops it in were really frustrating for me to get clean.

5 Likes

I thought the tricks with this theme would be aesthetically pleasing, and the two tricks posted so far are proving me right!

2 Likes

Awesome job !

1 Like

Here is mine not too fond of it but it looks okay I guess lol .

6 Likes

Yeah, it looks great!

Less than a week left!

1 Like

should the submissions be posted in this thread?

1 Like

Yes, you can post them anywhere and link them here.

You and your history of 0A make me realize that the 0A style is well suited for this month’s remix!

2 Likes

i have an idea but its not 0A. Although 0A Rewind is a very common trick a lot of people discover. Lemme see if i can land that as well.

3 Likes

I shall call them kwyji-hops #classicremix

8 Likes

My entry: (Half) Black Drops.

It’s a sucession of drop suicides that range from trapeze to it’s triple or nothing equivalent, following the recognizable “simple element(s) that goes from one side to the other, involving increasing and or decreasing the number of wraps around your hands and or fingers” concept Black Hops uses. Only half this time because going back is prohibitively difficult. Half of them is good proof of concept i’d say.

#classicremix

13 Likes