#classicremix - Oct 21 - Go Back Black Hop It Again

Been working on nailing this one (calling it “Black Pops”) with a responsive for a couple weeks, finally got it down with a Theodore and Alleycat 650b with a whole day to spare :sunglasses:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVrd1dxMHc-/

video for those who don’t use/want to use IG:

This is so good, I love it dude, great job!

12 Likes

Here is a wrap trick where the yoyo goes from side to side of my left arm.

8 Likes

This is an element from a @ChrysaeThrows tutorial, clockwork, so i’ll call this black clocks

12 Likes

I just have things that contain blackhops :roll_eyes: that’s using it, not remixing it… If that counts here’s my entry

#classicremix

7 Likes

Happy Halloween! Sorry it’s still a little rough, but here’s my entry, calling it “Chop Hops”

9 Likes

Alright this is cool!!

1 Like

Hey! Here is my entry for this month🤪 and firt reels i post
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CVs5H7TjC4-/?utm_medium=copy_link

7 Likes
4 Likes

Here is my entry for this month’s remix. Really having fun with this. Big thanks to @Myk_Myk and @YoYoExpert for keeping this contest going. Found this one a real challenge, but that’s what makes it fun. Good Luck to you all. Happy Halloween. Calling it BlacKwijiBhops.

7 Likes

Here’s mine:

My October entry for #classicremix contest on @yoyoexpert. It’s really just a mashup. I call it “Circuitry”. #happyhalloween

After a slow start, we ended up with good participation! I even managed to get mine in.

All the tricks are valid, and I think they look great! @MarkD 's trick doesn’t go from left to right and neither does @anon14765792 's technically, but they have repeated elements.

It’s not easy for me to think of tricks or themes in the goldilocks zone for fitting into this format, and I haven’t thought about November too much. I’ll think of something…

7 Likes

A couple of thoughts I had were rock the baby , towers , Mach 5

I think the easier the better . I think some newer throwers will be more confident to join this way and the more experienced throwers can really get creative . Just a thought

1 Like

I had no clue this was still going on!! Ill try participate next time!! Some of these entries are so good!

3 Likes

The winner is @Chriscatastrophe !

I had thought about Mach 5. The problem with super-easy tricks is that they’re already in so many other tricks. Plus, there are already so many Tower, RTB, and GT tricks.

That’s what I meant about finding that Goldilocks level. There needs to be an element with somewhat of a challenge that directs the creativity and challenges newer players.

However, maybe a couple have been on the advanced side, like Kamikaze, for instance. I think this month’s ended up working out fairly well because I allowed for simpler elements than those in Black Hops.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I’ll find something on the easier side this month.

Again, I can’t keep up with who’s won in the past. So I just do it randomly and go with that. I think that also encourages those who’ve won to keep posting. I’m open to suggestions, though.

I have thought about asking @AndreBoulay to choose, so I could have a chance at winning! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Well, this has been pretty rewarding, so you could say I win every month! :wink:

7 Likes

Congrats @Chriscatastrophe

@Myk_Myk my vote is for tower tricks next. Those are always fun to see and there are multiple ways to get in to one or maybe save that one for December :christmas_tree: :santa:

3 Likes

Thanks, I already set up November’s!

3 Likes

Awesome . Since I won this month you can take my spot ! If that’s okay ?

Do you want me to DM you about the prize ?

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean by, “…you can take my spot”.

Please, contact @AndreBoulay about the prize if you haven’t already.

1 Like

Well for next month since I just won, my entry won’t count for next month so you can include yourself and void me . Maybe we can start having the winner of last month do the auto generated pick so that way everyone gets a chance ? I don’t know just throwing thoughts out again . LOL

2 Likes

This is something i suggested when this whole thing initially began. The winner picking the next months trick. Might be kinda fun, but not really a big thing, just glad it keeps going.

1 Like

Yeah I was more so suggesting they just do the selection so my man @Myk_Myk gets a chance to win too .

2 Likes