satined yoyo pictures..

i sanded down and polished the rims of another shutter… it came out better then i expected.
The black makes everything pops.

3 Likes

Nice, I’ve always wanted to polish a yo-yo but I want to wait until I have enough to spare if I mess up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow that looks really good.

just to let people know i do take requests… the shutter you see above is a job i did for a friend

Messing up won’t destroy the yoyo, just changes the appearance, and it’s usually quite fixable. So have at it.

BTW, nice work, alecto.

How would you charge for a superstar ? Just wondering

pm sent grelots

FYI that’s satined not polished!

Nice job on the satin.

1 Like

Here’s what I did :stuck_out_tongue: before and after.

4 Likes

did another job one a friends T1 i got the finish a little better

5 Likes

^Nice work

I am a little confused at how you do such a wonderful job at polishing rims, I mean really dude, smash up job. But on the other hand yesterday you had to ask for help getting grease out of your bearings?

Garret im better with my hands then with my head sometimes, partly why i mess around with yoyos.

1 Like

Polished denotes more shine and luster.

Satined, items in this thread, have merely been sanded without polishing.

↓Polished↓

3 Likes

mullicabob i have been using a nevrdull which is a polisher… in real life the yoyos look much better and have more of the shine and clarity which you show in that picture.

1 Like

Ah…sure.

why do i get the feeling that someone doesn’t care for my work…

I was just telling my buddy this the other day…
If I had a yoyo company “like CLYW for instance”
I would drop 10 polished week early pre releases of each model, these releases would be sold as strictly collectors pieces ( and at a $100 mark up of coarse )
Or at very least I would do a few polished makes of each run, even if it’s just a $25 mark up, just so collectors have something to grab at.
With the pure beauty that if reflected from a properly polished yoyo I am very suprised no company is using it as a tactic? And you can say that I am just being greedy, and that may be true, and although some companies are friendlier than others, they all desire your paper over your friendship :wink:

If you may be referring to me not at all!

Polished throws have a broad range of what people think or feel is polish. Growing up with a father that spent hundreds of hours polishing parts for various projects. I’ve always been one to say a true polish is one that is highly reflective with no paper lines in it.

1 Like

I likey what is a quick run down of he process your using?