My First Polish - General Yo Entheos/3yo3 Omnicron X

I just bought this Entheos off the BST, and figured I’d take a stab at polishing it myself. It came out nice:

Nice. I think you did a pretty good job. :wink:

Thanks for the feedback. I could try to do better with taking good photos of the next one. I was happy with the way it turned out. I will do my raw Omnicron X next.

Wow dude it looks great!!

How do you polish it? In a short description could you explain ? I’m really curious :slight_smile:

Looks pretty good!

HAHA ROTFL at that!!!

Great job B… Love the shine on that

1 Like

I’m confused what’s funny about that?

Because that dude is a girl. ;D

As for how you polish, I figure total did it by hand. Start with a raw yoyo. You use a cloth, dab it in a tub of aluminum polish, and rub. When you’ve rubbed for 20 seconds and you get black residue, wipe it away, dab more polish, rub again. Repeat for hours until the yoyo is shiny.

Totalartist isnt a dude is what im guessing…

Bingo!

Thanks guys for the great feedback! Actually, I did a little research online to get the gist of it. I had a few raw throws that needed to be polished up so I took the project on at home. If you don’t want to get messy, send to Yoyospirit for a great polish job. Glad he chimed in :wink:

I used Mother’s aluminum polish, and a Dremel on low setting with the smallest polishing thingy affixed to it. I covered part of the Dremel with electrical tape so it would not damage the yo-yo as I go along. I have one more to do tonight. I applied the polish directly to the yo-yo half in a sparingly thin layer. I wait a few seconds and use the Dremel. Oh, and wear eye protection, that polish hurts if bits fly in your eye.

Looks super classy. If only I had a raw yoyo to polish.

Great Work.

You could get it much shinier if you chuck the yoyo on a drill and buff it like that. Some sanding will also help, but that is MUCH more messy lol, my fingers are black days after a polish. I kinda like the way this looks though, looks like it came from the manufacturer.

It looks great! Is that red tint just from the pics?

I used to polish on a dremel, but if you have a drill it works much better. Dremels don’t have enough torque, especially the cordless ones.

Sent from mobile.

Thanks Yoyospirit. I have to say that this is a cool process for maintaining the few raw throws I own, but I don’t think I’d ever take this on more than that. I keep some basic tools around, and the stuff for the leather work I do, but I won’t invest in more tools than that. If I need anything more, I’ll send it to you haha. It was messier than I thought it would be, and I used minimum polish to keep the mess down too. I did not use gloves because they tend to get in my way. My fingers were all black by the end, but it cleaned up easily. I’d say I only spent about twenty minutes on it. Also, as Stookie guessed, I did use a polishing cloth with a tad of jeweler’s rouge on it, to minimize the scratches prior to polishing. I used a plain cloth at the end of this to get the residue off.

Good advice. If I collect more raw throws, I will invest in learning that method. I just have a basic Dremel, it’s the 200 model with just high and low settings. I kept it on low, so I could control the mess better. But, I got better results on the high setting when I tested that. My Dremel plugs in, didn’t know they made a cordless…awesome.

Im going to send you my metal drifter. Its raw and has been sanded everywhere so it just needs some finer sanding and a polish. PM me youre shipping infor and price. Thanks.

Hey Chris’ PM Yoyospirit. He is the pro polisher on the forum. If he is too busy, I will help you out. I don’t do polishing for business though, just messing around with my own throws. Let me know how that works out. Yoyospirit has very fair rates and I saw the Skywalker he did for Fellavader. Came out nice!