Favorite looking yoyos

Just a fun thread to share what looks cool to you in a yoyo. Pictures welcome! (If I need to move this to one of the Yo-Yo Exhibition categories, let me know).

Old(er) school:

1. Anything with raw metal and some anno
    • Duncan Metal Zero, Metal Drifter (esp. the original dark blue or dark red annos)
    • basically everything in this thread: satined yoyo pictures..?
  2. Hybrid YYJs
    • DM2, Hitman, X-Convict, etc.

New school:

1. Offset Outlier 3 (esp. dark blue & raw rims)
  2. MYY Katana
  3. ZGRT Durendall (every colorway on YYE, with black on black being my least favorite but still cool).
    • I typically hate light yoyos, but this looks so cool it’s still tempting!
  4. Brands too expensive for me to look at that blow these out of the water (Ineffeable [e.g. Saber], Mowl [e.g. Surveillance])

Apparently I have a type. (Sorry for the poor picture quality - I don’t have most of these now to retake):

3 Likes

I love the way 3a ware looks.

18 Likes

Well-loved yoyos are better than yoyos that sit in a case!

6 Likes

Is that the ziz?

I think those are TP Hades(es)… that he’s using for 3A. Which is super cool if you can afford it.

3 Likes

Oh yeah I think you’re correct :+1:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s right. @GTDropKnot is the hades guy

4 Likes

Hades has many followers lol

4 Likes

But non so vocal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Translucency is neat.

9 Likes

I like Yoyos like the Gnometrooper because i like Star wars.

8 Likes

Sure I am biased - but my gosh just look at this thing

Motion - Elevated

10 Likes

I can’t believe I forgot to include some Motion yoyos!!! The Harmonic is another great looking one, but I don’t think y’all make anything ugly. Would love to actually own one someday.

1 Like

gonna keep posting this pic until I get my hands on it

6 Likes

You could definitely send a peak off to get painted to match this. It’s pobably going to be way cheaper than finding this exact version. @yogurt

to who? I believe Levi isn’t doing it anymore, his website is down too

Off the top of my head, I’m leading towards the Spyy Ronin or the Sengoku Hattori.

One of them is the edgiest chonk and the other looks like it might take a piece of your finger with it - because it will.

5 Likes

Blessed to own my favorite looking yoyo.

This is the exact 28s Peak that Chris gave as a gift to Ben, the late author of the famed “History Of The Peak,” as an example of a “perfect” 28 Stories colorway. It was later owned by YoYoBrothers and photographed for the YoYo History Museum as the entry for a 28s Peak. It’s mint and I’d rather sell my left nut than this thing.

9 Likes

I would think most high detail custom car painters could match this airbrush work. Also Levi has a LinkedIn you could reach him at.

Left
Mk1 + trt bathysphere
Colourway is amazing i love the mix of orange and blue

Middle
Yoyo factory edge infinity
Those thick chunky rims just look awesome beast of a yoyo

Right
Yoyo friends peregrine
Love the cup and the lines just a good looking yoyo

3 Likes