What is your favourite colourway?

Hello everyone,

The world of yoyos is full of amazing and crazy colourways some amazing and some very ugly, I am curious, which one is your favourite and why not, also your least favourite?

If you can, post a picture!

My favourite is usually something in blue, or acid wash purples or some dark red, I just like the most a combination blue with a yellow string, I like a lot this one even if I do not have this yoyo:

My least favourite one, pink and rainbow rings are something that I really do not like:

8 Likes

Teal and orange fade.

8 Likes

Too many splashes from onedrop to name or show!
Just go through
Imgur

Some elite stuff in there.

6 Likes

I do love acid wash too, it’s the best and makes everything unique.

I can’t say I have a favourite colour for yo-yos though, it’s more about the chromatic contrast, I like when it’s pushed.

Palettes like blue&orange, purple&yellow, orange and teal, the all work great.

Alternatively another good way is neutral tone (white/grey/black) + accent (I’d go orange but anything can work with this colour harmony)

Ik it’s kinda basic but I love galaxy bc purple is my fav color, and this winter solstice has a nice galaxy I like

1 Like

I know its kind of basic but I love this blue/pink fade on the Aoe

2 Likes

5 Likes

I love hot pink with light blue splash and visa-versa. They kinda have an 80’s look to them which I love haha.

yoyo-factory-shutter-yoyo-39__41018

5 Likes

My favorite colorway is by far pastel pinks. Anything from carnation pink to a bubblegum pink, anything in the light pink ballpark. Absolutely no hot pink though, especially not with rainbow rings.

Any bimetal yoyo with rainbow rings automatically looks ugly to me.

Least favorite colorway though is probably black. I can think a hot pink yoyo with rainbow rims looks ugly, but it’ll be just as fun to play. Black yoyos are actively less enjoyable to play, black feels like a “great for collection, bad for play” color. And it kinda sucks too because black yoyos absolutely do look cool.

12 Likes

Broken heart :broken_heart: one drop splashes were some of the best.

17 Likes

Oil slick

13 Likes

Honorable mentions of my recent photos

Reverse rainbow road

Plasmaberries

Foundry

9 Likes

I like alot of the Baryon colorways tough to pick my favorite, I think its the one I have. Just saw you said you hate pink and rainbow rings @Albertino. My baryon kinda is :sweat_smile:. Favorite of all is probably unknown w!ld. Something about purple yoyos are my favorite too. Especially the purple da vinci and recognition.

baryon

8 Likes

I have 3. Rainbow road, broken heart, and Carl Sagan.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Almost any GruntBull Anodizing splashes I am a bit biased but especially the Parlay splash colorways
Mardi Gras, WaterMellow, Morning Glory, Dragon Slayer, Thunderstorm, Dinosaur Warrior, Belmont, Hob Goblin, Orange Sun Set,
Meg Shock, Horse Head, Stone Washer,
No R.U.G. (still have no idea what it means).

Looking for Hair Band colorway

2 Likes

Very nice thread!
This may be an unpopular opinion, but my favorite colorway is silver.

I don’t know how to describe it, but I think it looks cool with a minimalistic design that eliminates waste.
It reflects light beautifully and harmonizes with various things.
Especially the yo-yos with metal flat caps are the best. (Feels good too).

10 Likes

I love Green & Purple combos (oddly not a fan of The Hulk though, haha), and Teals.
Image for reference, pay no heed to the manufacturer, lol.

Least favorites, probably raw/silvers, I like the splash, acidwash, fade, and similar kind of effects, will do solids in a pinch :wink:

7 Likes

8 Likes

I love Black and Gold Yoyos. I have five of them but this is my favorite.

4 Likes