Re-start: Anime fans?

Decided to watch Naruto. Because… Naruto!

I hate the pacing sometimes, but it’s OK so far. Apparently I’m just starting the arc where it gets good, though (ep 20, Chunin exams).

The Chunin exam arc is a great one indeed! Gaara = Boss.

I was the biggest Naruto fan, but after reading the manga I struggled to go back to the anime. Way too much filler and non-canon aplenty. The anime is still a good watch, but I just WISH that it had less filler, especially during the key fight scenes.

Also, (spoiler alert? Don’t really think it gives anything away though.)

the ‘Pain Invasion’ arc was the greatest arc in the entire story IMO, it was a masterpiece, and they completely butchered it in the Anime. I still shudder just to think of it. :-[

That being said, if you don’t ever plan on reading the manga, it’s a good watch. :slight_smile:

Not planning to read the manga. However, definitely planning to Google “Naruto filler” or other helpful term and then skip everything considered “filler” in the anime. Too many things to watch, I don’t mind skipping 200 episodes (or whatever) of non-canon.

I like the manga a lot better for Naruto, well almost every single manga that are made into anime, the manga version is usually better. I mean, there is just something lost in the anime, like, the style of the mangaka is generally rarely depicted close enough in the anime, the characters often seems like “different people”. though I prefer the language in anime because sometimes I don’t even need subtitles, but I struggle reading raw mangas.
Btw I’m now watching Samurai Champloo, it’s pretty… realistic, unlike Rurouni Kenshin which is softened a lot. I mean, when you swing a sword, you would expect body parts to come off, not “just” blood.
Also I think it’s funny, there is a lot of things in anime that we’ll never be able to discuss because of the forum rules lol. There are some more anime I’m currently on my way, but they are mostly not safe for work stuff ::slight_smile:

I definitely believe that most manga are better than their corresponding anime. Anime fits into “TV watching time” for me, though. I use “reading time” on the huge stack of novels I need to catch up on. :smiley:

Has anyone on these forums ever watched Hitman Reborn?

HUGE Naruto fan here :smiley:

Haikyuu!! has been great this season. Also enjoying erased quite a bit. And the last episode of konosuba had me rolling in laughter

I’ve really been enjoying Shogeki no souma( Food Wars! ) and re-watching ToraDora( because why not? :wink: ) I have a HUGE list if Anime that I need to catch up with. I’m like 4-6 months behind on series that I wanted t watch back then :smiley:

Oh! Forgot to mention food wars. I have one more episode left… Kinda sad and surprised it was so good.

Naruto is great! I binged it over my Christmas break last year! There is a lot of unneeded filler and for that reason I skipped the 50ep filler arc (150-200, I believe) and went to shippuden. I’ve been quite wrapped up in catching up with one piece to get far In shippuden but I do enjoy it! You’re gonna love it!

I just started samurai champloo as well! Its super epic, funny and just awesome story/ animation overall! Plus Nujabes (RIP) did the soundtrack which is dope. How do you like it so far?

Samurai champloo is one of my favorites! Such an amazing blend of Sword play and hip hop haha. And for real Mugen is just a beast

From looking on Wikipedia it seems that the non-canon filler starts at episode 136 (so much filler man… 80% of series 4 and the ENTIRE of series 5 is just filler…). Best to just stop after episode 135 and jump straight into Shippuden. :slight_smile:

Gotta be said thats one thing I loved so much about the Attack on Titan Anime. Stayed true to the manga, no filler, no wasted time. I hope they keep it the same way for the next seasons. :slight_smile:

Just FMA in general. Hey, have you watched any manly anime? Like JJBA or Fist of the North Star.

personally(and most people), prefer brotherhood. It’s a litter different than fma and fallows the manga more accurately.

Yeah that’s exactly what I did. I can respect that about attack on titan. I think sometimes filler is nice especially in big series such as One Piece, Naruto, Fairy Tale, etc but there is such thing as too much; as seen in Naruto.

Yeah right!? Who woulda though samurais’ and hip-hop would mesh so well? It’s too dope.

Wondering, has anyone watched Jojo’s Bizzare Adventure? I’m currently watching Part 3, Stardust Crusaders.

You can’t miss the best of this season. Boku dake ga inai machi aka erased is too good, while dagashi kashi, musaigen no phantom world come close.
K-ON! Anyone?