Anime lovers?

Where my fellow Asians, weebs, and asian weebs at?

For the current season I’m watching OPM and trying to catch up on AOT. Mob Psycho last season was FIRE though. Looking forward to quanzhi gaoshou S2(MAD underrated, WATCH IT) next season.

All time favorite is probably F/SN UBW. HxH, Fate Zero, Re:zero, steins gate, Code Geass, and Death Note were also :fire::fire::fire: though

Using abbreviations to see who the real fans are :joy:

8 Likes

I used to be a huge anime fan, but I don’t think ive watched a single thing other than Dragonball or Railgun in probably a year or two.

Ive seen all of your favorites btw (Code Geass probably best among them, or Steins;Gate). My favorites are older Gundam (Wing and earlier), Macross, Samurai X, Hyouge Mono, and anything Dragonball.

I really should catch up with AOT, Mob Psycho, and Jojo. Anything else from the past year that you would recommend? Im kind of over that best-girl/moe crap.

3 Likes

Past years been kinda meh for the most part, only 1 or 2 anime I can really get into each season, and often it’s just a new season of an older anime.

Steins gate:0 came out, it’s basically an alternate path. Haven’t gotten around to it tho because I want to rewatch the OG first since it’s been a long time.

Quanzhi gaoshou’s really good if you like that type of stuff. If you like the first episode you’ll probably love it. If not then maybe not worth a shot.

I really like Overlord. Season 3 came out in the past year.

Tokyo Ghoul:re came out. It follows the manga. apparently if you’ve only watched the anime you’ll be a little confused at first since it completely cuts out everything from season 2(which was anime only) so I haven’t gotten around to watching it yet.

New seasons of boku no hero and food wars came out too, you’ve probably heard of those.

Were you following anime in 2016? That was a LEGENDARY year for anime imo. Multiple new and recurring anime I could get into every season

1 Like

You don’t release a yoyo called the Battosai and not love anime lol.

6 Likes

I’ve been waiting for both One Punch Man and Attack on Titan to finish up so I can binge both later this summer

I’ve also been really enjoying the Dragon Ball Super Manga…I went to see Broly on opening night lmao

Classics for me include: Golden Boy, FLCL, Bebop (obvy) and Yu Yu Hakusho

4 Likes

Samurai X: Reflection was the first anime production to make me feel so many feels

3 Likes

A new Steins;Gate? Could be good, but who knows? Really liked the original though.

Quanzhi gaoshou sounds like that guilty pleasure type anime so id probably like it. Im a sucker for crap like this even if it isn’t the type of thing I usually look for (im more of a full out fantasy/sci-fi sort).

As for Food Wars, yea, I enjoyed it, but im pretty far behind. Though Im pretty sure there are better things out there to catch up on.

And yea, I was still keeping up with a handful of shows in 2016. I don’t really keep track of anime by the years, but at that point I was more than likely watching 80s and 90s stuff more than keeping up with anything other than Jojo.

Yes to all of these! You have good taste.

1 Like

HxH :ok_hand: Have you caught up on the manga? I would suggest you read World Trigger has a similar vibe. This year is going to be crazy! Especially for One Piece

1 Like

Disgusting and pathethic weeb reporting here.

Anime has been weird for me lately, i’m so busy i can’t spare an hour to watch two episodes of anything. I much, much prefer reading manga nowadays.

Since we’re talking about anime, i love to draw (I’m not particularly good at it or anything). Drawing used to be my main hobby before yoyoing and music. Here’s a drawing of myself i made a while ago to use it as a profile pic in my IG.

6 Likes

I agree manga is so much easier to keep up with! Have you read Solo Leveling?

2 Likes

Just going to leave this here.

3 Likes

That amazing Naruto parody reminds me that I have yet to finish the series.

I love me some Hiatus x Hiatus. Following this series for over 10 years has been maddening though. Havent read it in years, and im probably only 10 chapters away from current, lol

As for One Piece, I usually like to wait like a year or so and marathon the episodes until im caught up. Quick check, im 79 episodes behind. Looks like they finally finished the arc that I was in the “middle” of. Seriously, the pacing of this show makes DBZ look like it was rushed.

3 Likes

Love Code Geass - one of my all time favorites. Also love the Fate/stay.night and Fate/zero series, Death Note… well basically everything you named lol.
Also enjoy Helsing Ultimate, Future Diary, Akame ga Kill, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Evangelion, a big chunk of Gundam, Blue Gender, Shigurui, Rurouni Kenshin, Ghost in the Shell, Psycho Pass,
Fullmetal Alchemist, Ergo Proxy, Deadman Wonderland, and tons of others i know I’m forgetting. I’ve been into anime pretty much ever since I saw Dragonball Z and Pokemon as a kid lol.
Then if we’re talking movies, some of my favorites are Akira, Ninja Scroll, Spirited Away, and Princess Mononoke

2 Likes

FUTURE DIARY. I forgot about that one, that was really good too.

I’ve been holding off on psycho pass cuz I heard season 2 isn’t very good

2 Likes

I am a mecha nerd, if its got big robots ive probably watched it. You can blame robotech for my love ove mecha. Most recent stuff ive watched outside of mecha genre would be Food wars, and banana fish.

3 Likes

Currently digging on Konosuba and One Punch Man.

Naruto for the nostalgias.

4 Likes

One Punch Man is so great in so many ways

4 Likes

I would say season 2 isn’t as good as season 1 of Psycho Pass, but still worth the watch. Let’s be honest, it’d be near impossible to top that first season lol

1 Like

MHA is a fun one I watch with my kids. We are super ready for season four. Trigun is a favorite of mine. I mostly grew up on what Cartoon Network/adult swim fed us for anime, so there’s a lot of love for things like FMA (even though Brotherhood was better) and FLCL. There’s a newish one on Netflix right now called Hi-Score Girl, that I really was a sucker for. It setting is around the Japanese arcade scene in the early to mid nineties, and I’m a sucker for arcades.

1 Like

So I’m wondering, what is a weeb? I was called that at work several weeks ago and I had never heard of it before. Sounds like something I should be offended by lol

1 Like