Re-start: Anime fans?

I know that this topic was discussed a while ago, but I would like to sort of restart an old thread :wink:

Been an anime fan for years, and watched quite a lot of series. Don’t have an absolute favorite series, but a few of my favorites are: Naruto, Bleach, Toriko, Black Lagoon, Hajime No Ippo, HSD Kenichi, SAO, FMA and etc.

Tell here if you are an avid anime fan like me :wink: Also, if you like; tell what series or manga your watching/reading nowadays. Also post recommendations if you will :smiley:

What I’m watching now:
. To aru kagaku no railgun
. Prison School
. DB Super
. Naruto Shippuden
. Grisaia No Rakuen
. Ect.( lol, there’s more :slight_smile: )

I’m watching a good chunk of anime that are currently airing.

• Charlotte
  • Fate/kaleid 2wei Herz
  • Gakkou Gurashi
  • Gangsta
  • God Eater
  • Umaru-chan
  • Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan (i don’t even know why i’m watching this)
  • Monster Musume
  • Non Non Biyori Repeat
  • Prison School
  • Shimoneta - If you like Prison School, you might like this
  • Shokugeki no Souma
  • iM@S Cinderella Girls
  • To LOVE-ru Darkness 2nd
  • Working!!!

In addition to that, I’m watching Psycho-Pass in-between because more than half of those series air on weekends.

I use a program called Taiga to automatically update my MAL and remind me when new episodes come out. It’s pretty handy.

Also, I see you’re watching Railgun. Railgun S is one of my favorite series, mainly because of the Sisters Arc (and Misaka ;))

^^^ Nice! I’m actually watching more than half of what you are now, forgot to add to the list; so much to watch :stuck_out_tongue:

Watching Railgun S now, and already watched both seasons of Index, a 2nd season is much needed. Can’t get enough of Touma and Misaka :smiley:

I mostly read manga but sometimes, when I can I watch SAO or a really old one called Ranma 1.5 (i think). I usually watch it in Chinese dub though since it is lot better than most English dubs. I can underzstand it, too.

^ Already watched Ranma 1/2 a little while ago, a really good series! If you like psychological horror anime or manga, I’d recommend watching Clannad or reading doubt.

Try Trigun, Soul Eater, Hunter x Hunter and Eureka 7 :slight_smile:

(J△NW△LF W△LF) #7

http://puu.sh/jpWMx/ff34315050.gif

Another old one I like is Conan or Case Closed which is obviously a detective anime. Right now I have read most of the popular manga series such as Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist, Fairy Tail, Naruto, Death Note, +Anima, Sakura the Cardcaptor (?), Case Closed, Ranma1.5, Toriko, and one of my favoriet Yotsuba. I have read more but I cant remember off the top of my head.

To add to my list Slam Dunk, Prince of Tennis, Whistle, and another of my favorites Ruounin Kenshin. Kenhin is really good in my opinion, they even made a few movies or it. Also, currently I am watching a Chinese cartoon/anime called Shalen along with Shen’s Moon. China really is stepping up their game in the graphic.

I’m a massive Naruto fan! Not sure anyone knows this about me. But it should be easy to tell in some of my videos I record in my room. My fiancé (Carly) and I have been Naruto fans for awhile. I loved Naruto when I first started watching it 10-12 years ago and I still continue to watch it to this very day as new episodes keep coming out. I got posters, videos games and even the trading cards for it. You can see it on my Instagram @colbyandcarly. I would recommend everyone young and old to watch Naruto as it is an amazing anime with such great morals and teachings. I also really enjoyed Sword Art Online, Fairy Tale, and more. But for me, Naruto takes the top place of them all.

Good choice there :smiley: Naruto is also one of my all time favorites, it’s also one of the first anime series that I’ve watched.

If you guys like Naruto then Shalen might be for you, too. Its really similar to Naruto but sadly there are no English dubs and only a few episodes have subs. So for people who know Chinese, watch it!

I havent watched a ton but I do love Sword Art Online and Blue Exorcist

Oh boy. Too much to mention. So many hard titles to pronounce to recommend. Currently reading rail gun. Currently watching kaichou wa maid-sama. Pretty good so far.

Recommendations:
Romance comedy - toradora, nisekoi
Action - akame ga kill, attack on Titans, is it wron to try and pick up girls in a dungeon?
Horror - another
Romance - clannad/after story
Slice of life - my teen romance comedy snafu
Sports - haikyu
Fantasy - no game no life

All I can think of off the top of my head.

(velez_adrian) #15

I’m watching db super and I love anime movies like spirited away, howls moving castle, and princess mononoke

Eureka 7 had all the feels by the end of the series.

Enjoyed the first arc of SAO.

The first 7-10 episodes of Attack on Titan were… mind-bendingly intense. Then eventually it levelled off a LITTLE bit, while still remaining an engaging show.

FLCL, classic.

Trigun.

Fairy Tale is perfectly fine for light entertainment.

First series of Death Note was awesome.

What was that one I watched recently… there was this high school where the president was named “Angel” and a group of students were tasked with taking her down… I can’t remember what it was called now, but it was GREAT and had mega-feels at the end.

Oh! Totally forgot that one! Angelbeats! On my top 5 favorite animes.

Ok, only hardcore anime fans would know this:

What is your favorite type of anime girl?
1. Tsundere
2. Yandere
3. Kuudere
4. Dandere
5. Deredere
6. Himedere
7. Mayadere
8. Kamidere
9. Coodere
I love Kuudere’s, Deredere’s and Tsundere’s ;D

ill have to give it a shot, I usually watch Naruto in Japanese with English subs… I hate the Dub version…

tsundere. More fun that way.