Post your most dinged yoyo!

I thought it would be fun for us to post our most dinged up and beat yoyos. Make those who ding their new baby feel just a little better :sweat_smile:

Ill start it off with my first 5a yoyo.

My Anti-yo Business :sweat_smile: has flown across parking lots, school floors, hockey locker rooms, you name it.

Makes the best beater yoyo ever even almost 15 or more years later. Still oddly smooth too lol

22 Likes

Here’s my grail. Much love🤞

20 Likes

That looks wonderful! :heart_eyes: Theres something that tells me you really enjoy that yoyo haha. Thats why i love beat throws. It shows how much you really loved it!

2 Likes

Haha thanks. I usually don’t ding my yoyos but this grail is the only exception! My fav throw all the time🤟

4 Likes

Sweet Jesus ! This thread should be called “Come Get a healthy dose of Anxiety” :smiling_face_with_tear:

My most beat throw is a Turntable 2.0 that I accidentally hit off a side walk the day my son was born :joy: and it’s only 2 dings that I blame on the nerves of shortly having to see my wife give birth :smiling_face_with_tear:

But funny enough it’s become a happy reminder of the day my lil man was born :blush:

15 Likes

Is a birth mark! :joy::raised_hands:

4 Likes

Apathy

It flew out of my pocket when I was riding my motorcycle a couple of years ago (2019) whoops. I cut it in half after that.

ghostsdw_65071608_639126516585130_3057459910872981480_n

14 Likes

Dang that’s not even a ding at that point, that’s just obliterated :rofl:

4 Likes

My Yomega Maverick was the first metal yoyo I owned. Quite an upgrade from a Duncan Speed Beatle lol. Gave it pretty much every kind of ding. The bearing seat is also heavily worn from being unscrewed many times but it still plays alright.

12 Likes

ding with extra steps :laughing:

5 Likes

That honestly looks kinda good with the barbed wire, the dings fit it lol👌

4 Likes

11 Likes

That looks like a yoyo you love to play with but at the same time were pretty careful with. What is that baby? Looks like a general yo

3 Likes

You are correct, it’s a 5 Star

4 Likes

Not sure if these count - they had a hard life

14 Likes

DeHcade has taken some shots.
Gotta hold on for 3 weeks.

31 Likes

Dude, That yo-yo is BEAT. Only 3 more weeks remaining. You got this !!!

5 Likes

Too many to go through to see for sure, but most likely this 888. Well loved but I got it for free so :man_shrugging:

Funny story about this next one though… this Dark Magic doesn’t LOOK dinged but it was for sure, without a doubt my most dinged yoyo for awhile. The metal rims were totally thrashed. It kinda looked like @tigerbeatt’s Grail up a few posts but like three times as worse and with deeper cuts. Now please keep in mind, 12 year old me didn’t know jack ■■■■ about physics, how vibe is introduced, or have a whole lot of common sense when it came to stuff like this - but basically I decided I would completely HAND SAND all the dings and scratches away w/ steel wool (:skull::skull::skull:). I didn’t really care about the dings during play, but I wanted them gone b/c arm grinds were all the rage back then and it hurt to do them with all the deep dings and scratches. It took awhile, but after multiple sessions over a few months I got it down to this. You can still kinda see some of the remnants of what were the deeper cuts/dings, but 12 year old me couldn’t have been prouder to have smoothed out those dings.

TLDR, when I was 12 I turned my first real yoyo into total vibe machine and a reminder of my incredibly naive younger self lmao

17 Likes

my magicyoyo locus v6 has been my go-to responsive for who knows how long, and it’s still going strong

sadly my edge 2022 got dinged a bit too, so it’s got some minor vibe

10 Likes

That magicyoyo is beauitful :face_holding_back_tears:

5 Likes