Dings dings dings

@MarkD it happened…

what’s the worst ding you have ever had? (post pics if you can)

8 Likes

These were mint about two weeks ago

15 Likes

Man, that sticks!!! You just GOT it! I’m sorry.

1 Like

All of the Umbras I use have a very similar ding :heart:

4 Likes

@raytsh cut the string mid-combo. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

There’s evidence! :neutral_face:

13 Likes

My heart! :frowning: It weeps!!

I dinged this Tishee the first day I had it.

I got my beaters that I use if im learning something new or whatever. But this ding hurt a little lol. I take it everywhere now though.

10 Likes

Dingshee

8 Likes

This is how I felt when I dinged my AL7 Banshee! lol It sucked…but I wasn’t even all that upset about it. It’s like I knew it could never be ‘near mint’ again so I was less afraid of using it. I’m able to enjoy it more now.

4 Likes

Yoyos are meant to be played. With rarer pieces I completely understand being more careful with it cause you may wanna trade it in the future, but if its something you love playing…I dont think we should care as much about dings. They do hurt my feelings at first though haha

10 Likes

That baby’s got some battle scars. Wow! They almost make it more special. Put on a pretty string and it’s all good! Edit: fixed spelling of giid

2 Likes

Just…you know…maybe not around your friend! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My first designed yoyo. I took it everywhere and let everyone try it! Many of the dings are from new yoyoers or innocent bystanders.

19 Likes

Innocent bystanders as in people you knocked out with eli hops

9 Likes

Innocent Bystander: “Oh cool! I use to have a yoyo when I was a kid!! Can I try?..I think I can still do Walk The Dog!”

7 Likes

Some of my worst beaters.

9 Likes

I was throwing on the concrete walkway one night as my cat, Buddy was eating. The ding really, really bummed me because this Top Deck with the deep sea fade cost $10 more. Now it’s my beater. I still try to take care of it but not too afraid to bring it to work, the laundromat, walks around town, etc.

6 Likes

I really have to look for them, but these dings hurt a bit when they happened. But i ultimately found that it was liberating. I sure don’t treat it like a “beater,” but I do play a bit more carefree with it now.

4 Likes

My YYNation Pyro might have taken the most hits. Still plays great!

8 Likes

I think really bad dings give a yoyo an authentic tough guy appearance. I think they look cooler than a minty-mint showroom fresh yoyo. I can not be the only one thinking this. A yoyo with bad dings looks like a guy with three days of stubble on his face - like someone you don’t wanna mess with.

5 Likes