Popular yo-yo that you just couldn't get into?

I didn’t mean it as an insult. I meant it only as a simple observation. I almost never hear anyone talking about the Charm. You also don’t see new colorways coming out for it, which is commonly a sign of a yoyo that isn’t in terribly high demand.

2 Likes

I know, mean joke on my part…

1 Like

This is true. Reminder: the Terrarian had OVER FIFTY FIVE colorways. This still blows my mind, and that’s why the T has to be on any list of best One Drops. It’s a sales and popularity monster. In fact since I discovered that number, they just released a few more T colorways.

(I also think it’s pretty good, though it would be near the bottom of my top 5-8 list of One Drops to be fair)

4 Likes

I HATE my poly Wedge - it is the only yoyo in my collection with pulse vibe that cannot be tuned out at all. My $6 plastic Whip performs better. Zero pulse vibe, just regular plastic vibe.

4 Likes

No it doesn’t.

7 Likes

I think he’s just saying pulse vibe is really annoying, and it is. Luckily I only have one yo-yo in my entire collection that suffers from this, and I’ve never seen it on the plastics I own. Luck of the draw I would imagine.

3 Likes

I really want a Terrarian. I’ll have to trade someone for one of my wooden unresponsives one of these days (If anyone actually wants to lol).

2 Likes

WIth a bearing swap it totally does. Come to SoCal and throw them for yourself. My briefcase is open for comparisons.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m having trouble liking my titanium Cadence. I still plan to keep it for a while to see if that changes. It almost plays too good. I usually prefer more casual organic throws. The Ti Cadence was my first titanium yoyo and I found it to be just fine. It could be that I put titanium throws on such a high pedestal that I couldn’t help but be a bit underwhelmed by the design.

I’m still holding on to it for a while. I am not entertaining any offers for sale or trade at this time. Please don’t flood my inbox. I have lots of plans for the titanium Cadence before I’m finished with it.

4 Likes

I mean, they are still in stock on this site if you just want to buy one. Can you show some pics of this wooden unresponsive? Does it have significant amounts of vibe? I got my first woody a week ago and I now have quite the crush on wooden yoyos.

2 Likes

I got a chuckle out of that last sentence. :nerd_face:

The unresponsive Spinworthys are great! Yeah, they vibe more than just about any plastic yo-yo, but they’re wood! It’s not unpleasant to me, actually the opposite. Combined with the impressive performance they have, it makes them seem like some kind of steampunk creation. You just need to get one!

4 Likes

Not all of them vibe that much. I’ve made quite a few that are very smooth.

2 Likes

Well, we’re off topic, but…

It’s all relative. I will say my Cypress Pine is very smooth, probably rivaling many plastics. My Victrola, has more vibe, but it’s also wider and more rim weighted, and therefore has more “performance”.

I have 4 wooden unresponsives, and my point is that in their case, none of them have enough vibe to make for a bad playing experience. On the contrary, it’s part of the charm.

6 Likes

Yep I looked it up

POM SUCKS. There i said it.

It costs almost as much as metal to make, its boring in color choices (or expensive). It also is HORRIBLE in the weather. 30% greater shrink than polycarbonate. (We had people returning them after the hub separated from the body in cold weather). The buying audience knows it too. you can sell 1000 of anything POM but after than, no-one wants a second. I don’t think anyone will buy a POM wedge again, but if they do, I have a few :slight_smile: Replay typically have any problem with mold lines. Vibe, only really after the plastic bearing seat was damaged.

Ultimately i agree tho, if the poster things plastic feels cheap, he will think this feels cheap too.

Interesting because I don’t hear about massive problems with other Delrin / Celcon / POM yoyos, maybe they had a bum manufacturer or something.

2 Likes

I just got a Yoyofriends Magpie.

I dont like this yoyo at all. It doesn’t feel nice to use and it doesn’t perform all that well. It’s not terrible, it’s just very bland.

The only thing I like about it is its size.

I regret spending my cash on this one, it would have been better spent on something else.

8 Likes

Performs better than the dv888 :wink:

But yeah, I wasn’t too big a fan of the Magpie either. Didn’t have the character the Hummingbird did

3 Likes

If only someone had warned you about the magpie! :hear_no_evil:

2 Likes

Yeah, well, nobody warned me about the Cadence, so the Community Warning Center isn’t as on the ball as it thinks. :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, I took your warning on the Magpie.

I took it as a ‘buy me now’ seeing as you hate the DV888 and I really like it.

4 Likes

The only thing the Magpie does particularly well is speed. IMO if you don’t play fast the Magpie is not for you.

2 Likes