Best Competition V shaped yoyos?

I’m looking for a competition yoyo with a defined V shape. Any suggestions would be great.

5 Likes

The Marco was Yoyojoe’s preferred comp throw for some time.

6 Likes

It was until he got the bind and then he liked it better. His Marco was his competition throw for quite some time, probably at least 2 years I believe.

5 Likes

the Marco is good but a tad bit on the heavy side for me, I have not played with this yoyo yet but I would pick the motive from @sfyoyos, here’s Connor using the motive

7 Likes

E.G.
SF Bliss
UNPRLD Flash/back
Most YYR
there are a lot…

YYR for sure would be my choice if you have the cash

5 Likes

My sf motive is my favorite current yoyo

3 Likes

Onslaught, Overdrive Draupnir.

4 Likes

Marco and Motive are both excellent. Check out Philip’s review on the Nostalgia. It’s fantastic.

5 Likes

That’s a super good point, but availability is also important to take into account. In my experience, many people are looking for a motive but not many are willing to sell.

4 Likes

I agree on not willing to sell, I am never going to sell my sf yoyos

3 Likes

They seem to be cherished by most of their owners, I’ve sadly never gotten to try one.

1 Like

Bliss

2 Likes

So it will be deleted?

What a performance!! Getting some Inspo!

The c3 railgun is super good.

For bimetal I’d get a Sengoku Nobunaga

1 Like

I have the original C3 Krown. That is an awesome v shape yoyo in my opinion.

3 Likes

I don’t have many v shapes but the one that is on my “never gonna get rid of it” list is the Yoyobrothers Voyage. Can’t say I’ve tried a better bimetal myself. Oh to try every bimetal though…

1 Like

I just got a Krown today and after the limited throws time I’ve had I agree it’s awesome!

1 Like

The yotricks Oracle is my go-to 1a comp throw. Such long spin times and unbelievable stability make it a great choice for both horizontal play and vertical tricks. It’s strength lies in the gap width. Hitting to many strings during tech? Not a problem. Gap too wide to bind? Not a problem. It has an all around appeal to a yoyoer, because of its comfortable shape and retro design. Msrp is like 50 cents or whatever.

4 Likes

I personally use the Marco as my go-to high performer. Amazing V-Shape and it comes with a fingerspin cup if you’re into those.